Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Can't Log In Blue Screen of Death BSOD Tried Everything

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
01-Apr-2012, 01:07 AM #1
Angry Can't Log In Blue Screen of Death BSOD Tried Everything
Hello. I was just searching the internet- probably on facebook 2 past Friday when (I think) I opened a new tab on Firefox, and everything closed and shut down. Now, it had shut down like this before a couple days before.. However, this time a blue screen of death appeared right after I went into normal mode after the restart.

I tried it in safe mode.. I am able to get in to the log in screen.. then the waiting screen.. then the BSOD. I've heard that it's supposed to tell you what the problem is, but I still don't know what it is. I have some pictures below. They're pretty bad though because I only see it for a second before it disappears.

I've tried diagnostics and repair.. Restoring to 2 weeks ago- spring break. Taking out my "new" devises (memory drives and graphics card) that I installed more than 3 months ago and replacing the memory with the ones it came with. The only thing that I THINK I haven't tried is command prompt (which probably won't help because I don't know how to use it) and the restore to factory setting. I have clicked on it, and it has given me an error (pictures follow.) F2-F8-F12- pressed them all.

I have a ton of information on my computer.. it would be really depressing to me to lose them all. Since nothing worked so far, I've nothing left but to assume it's malware. Puzzler? Thank you.

I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop 560 Windows 7 x64 with Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @3.20GHz and DDR3 SDRAM.
Attached Thumbnails
Can't Log In Blue Screen of Death BSOD Tried Everything-dsc01624.jpg   Can't Log In Blue Screen of Death BSOD Tried Everything-dsc01637.jpg   Can't Log In Blue Screen of Death BSOD Tried Everything-dsc01611.jpg  
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
01-Apr-2012, 01:43 AM #2
Any file that is not backed up is a file you should expect to lose.

It's a good idea to have a full system backup that includes Windows and all your programs, too, for when the hard drive fails. It may have failed already.

stop 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - Often a hardware problem. Bad RAM possible.

Can you get into Safe Mode or any of the other boot options now?

Try testing memory.

Memory Testing (including bootable CD's and floppies):

Memtest86
MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
Roadkil's RAM Test
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista or 7, tap F8 on boot and choose the memory diagnostic, or if you can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.
Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

01-Apr-2012, 07:01 PM #3
I am only able to get in to the log in screen on other modes. Any further attempt fails me.

Memory tests was inconclusive. I guess the hard drive has diminished.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
01-Apr-2012, 08:04 PM #4
What do you mean "inconclusive"? Did you make a boot CD and run it?
Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

02-Apr-2012, 10:26 PM #5
Sorry, I meant inconclusive of a problem. I tried my hand at creating a bootable CD, but it didn't work. Could you guide me through it?

Switching the ram through numerous combinations didn't work..

Thanks for you help!
Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

04-Apr-2012, 03:06 PM #6
bump
Member with 31 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Apr-2012, 07:04 PM #7
Worst case, if you have another pc, you could slave the HDD and recover all/most/some of your data.
good luck with it..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bsod, bsod 0x0000001e, dell desktop, help !, urgent confusion

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!