Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Reseting fails to boot

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
13-Apr-2012, 06:27 AM #1
Reseting fails to boot
Hello, I'll try to be as specific as i can be, as i really need help on this, it annoys me a lot and i have no idea how to fix it.

My computer has no problems at all while running, and if i turn it off the normal way (full shut down and start up sequence) it will work fine. however if i do a reset for whatever reason (most often installing new software or windows updates) then it tries to boot, but after the windows logo all it shows is my mouse cursor which is stationary in the middle of the screen and the rest is black. it stays like this forever untill i turn it off. If i try to boot again the same thing happens over and over, the only way to get out of this is to start into safe mode, which will take several minutes to load, and after it finaly loaded safe mode, i can just shut down the computer and after i have done that it will boot as normal.

i think it's something with my drivers but i'm really not sure how to troubleshoot this.

please assist.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
boot, reset, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!