Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Windows 7 x64 BSOD during install

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

02-May-2012, 09:02 AM #1
Solved: Windows 7 x64 BSOD during install
I recently assembled a new computer, and I'm receiving a blue screen during the installation process. After loading all of the drivers windows crashes on the screen where the windows logo is displayed, before and kind of screens or prompts are displayed. I'm getting the following error message:

STOP: 0x0000007E

ACPI.SYS

Here are my system specs:

Core i5-3570K

Antec 550W 80+

4x 4gb G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155

Radeon HD 7850 PCI-E 3.0

WD Caviar 1TB 7200rpm

I have tried quite a few things to narrow down the problems. I don't believe my ram is the issue, I have run memtest86 on it and it tested all 16gigs with no errors. Out of frustration I have also taken my hdd and the windows iso dvd to an existing computer, pulled the hdd from that, and installed windows on the new hdd thinking that I could put that drive in my new computer after the install. However I'm getting the same problem when that hdd is put back in my new machine and I attempt to boot from it. I think that this does exclude the hdd or the burned iso dvd as being the issue though.

I also put in a linux dvd, and booted from linux live thinking that I could get additional error messaging, but I was surprised to find that my computer booted into linux just fine. I have tried stripping everything out of the mobo and running off what the bare minimum requirements were to boot. I have also tried taking out all the components and putting them back in (including cpu), and I have verified that no cables are loose. I have also tried re-ordering the sata cables between the dvd drive and the hdd.

So far nothing I have tried has worked. The bios does not post any kind of errors. I'm running out of ideas, I feel like I've gone through just about every potential problem that could be causing this.

Thanks in advance for looking into this with me!

Last edited by BrandonTheGreat; 02-May-2012 at 09:13 AM..
Member with 2 posts.

03-May-2012, 08:55 AM #2
So it must have been a fluke, I stripped all the parts out except the absolute bare essentials and re-downloaded the iso and this time put it on a bootable usb drive. Somehow that did the trick. I guess it turns out that just starting over again was all that I needed to do.
msandi msandi is offline msandi has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 35 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-May-2012, 12:30 PM #3
I know this isn't helpful, but I never saw so many BSODs before this version of Windows. And other than the BSODs, which I sure hope they stop, I really like Windows 7
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
0x07e, acpi.sys, bsod, install, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!