Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Random Shutdowns

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-May-2012, 02:12 PM #1
Solved: Random Shutdowns
My father has a Toshiba Satellite P755-S5215 laptop with Windows 7 and an Intel inside Core i3 processor. It has occasionally had the issue of turning itself off randomly during boot up, upon logging on, or shortly after logging on. However, it has become much more chronic ever since I hooked it up to use the television to use as a monitor. I plugged it in using a 15-pin monitor cable. The computer was off when I plugged it in and when I removed it. I don't know for sure if the two events are related. Could somebody please help me solve this? Thanks.
Member with 2,060 posts.

30-May-2012, 02:23 PM #2
Have you checked to make sure the fans are running and the vents are clear? Overheating will cause your computer to shutdown trying to cool itself. I'm assuming this is a laptop. You might have to open it up and clean it out with some canned air. I'd look into this before looking for anything else.
Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
31-May-2012, 02:04 AM #3
Never mind this thread, I'm closing it now. My dad called Toshiba's warranty center and is sending it in. Thank you for the quick response, golddust.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
malfunction, random shutdown, toshiba, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!