Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Everything freezes for 2-5min, sometimes recovers. More or less randomly

(!)

blues_harp28 blues_harp28 is offline blues_harp28 is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 16,125 posts.

01-Jun-2012, 02:28 PM #16
Computer Specs
Member with 12 posts.

Experience: Beginner
01-Jun-2012, 03:47 PM #17
Sorry for beeing annoying, but I only find some plans and measurements/blueprints.. I neither find which card I got, nor something related to download (except mentionned blueprints).
blues_harp28 blues_harp28 is offline blues_harp28 is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.

01-Jun-2012, 05:56 PM #18
From your screenshots post # 13
'Video hardware caused Windows to stop working'

Run the scan and check for updated drivers.
http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

Run a Mem Test.
http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Download the ISO file from one of the links above to your desktop.
Then burn the ISO to a Cd.
Start the Pc using the Cd and run the memory test overnight or for at least 8 passes.

It is best to run a full scan on individual Ram sticks if you can.
Or run the test but if any errors are shown - then remove all sticks of Ram and test each Ram stick one at a time.

Guide to using Memtest86+
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic207910.html
-----
You can also run the Mem test from a USB stick
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
Download -Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*
Computer Specs
Member with 12 posts.

06-Jun-2012, 03:48 AM #19
I updated AMD driver after a long fight . Was hard to find, since all those automated installprograms did not work on VAIOs.

I couldn't find the option to boot it from an USB stick, but it offered me a memorycheck. I ran it on the "deepest" setting and after ~15h it told me that my memory has no errors.

I need to update the Ricoh driver somehow, but it always gives me this message
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	why.png
Views:	31
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	209946  

06-Jun-2012, 07:22 AM #20
This may be the one.

Sony VAIO Drivers for Windows 7 Professional 64-bit |
http://sonyvaio-vaio.blogspot.co.uk/...ivers-for.html

[RIDMSC-00210780-0042.EXE Ricoh® PCIe Memory Stick® Host Controller Driver]
Computer Specs
Member with 12 posts.

07-Jun-2012, 06:38 AM #21
It didn't help. The problem still occurs.
Haven't seen the bluescreen for a long time, but the freeze is still there. I downloaded a new game, and while playing (max GB ram) couldn't finish a game since it froze every 20min, then every 5min, and after hours trying to finish a game every 2min. The event manager doesn't show anything before the freeze. It just happens.

I have no idea what it could be

Do you think a reinstallation of win7 would help? And if yes, which one? A completely clean install or the "update" which leaves me all my programs and files? Of course the "update" is easier, and to prefer, since it will leave me all my data and programs. But if it wouldn't solve my problem, I'll have to do the clean installation
__
EDIT:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...rmessages.aspx
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...px#GamePatches

What is written there completely matches my issue.
What is overclocking? Could overheating be the problem? (except these 2 I checked all of the points from the 1st link)
Motherboard update?

___
EDIT2:
Just got a new bluescreen. Here the dump from BlueScreenView and the zipped original dumpfile.
It happended exactly when I ran the CPUID to check the temperature. And the Avira Filewalker was checking windows files I think. The scan was at 99.9%, almost finished. I don't know because of what it happened. :S

__
EDIT3:
And here we go again, another BSOD after 1sec of looking at my temps with CPUID. zipped the BlueScreenView and the original minidump in the attached "dump762" file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dump76.txt (2.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: zip 060712-64272-01.zip (32.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: zip dump762.zip (28.1 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Ghosttoast; 07-Jun-2012 at 08:05 AM..

07-Jun-2012, 01:58 PM #22
You have also posted your question starting 6 days ago on the Windows7forum and including today, you are up to 15 posts there.
While you obviously want help with your problem, posting on more than one forum is unfair to all that are trying to help you.

8 hours ago on the Window7forum you posted information that you have not stated here.
Quote.
'Ok, I updated the SEPF driver, and renamed the Ricoh MS to . OLD'

Posting on more than one forum is confusing to all and as said, it is unfair to those trying to help you.
My suggestion is that you continue posting on the Windows7forum, as they have offered some good suggestions and possible solutions.

Last edited by blues_harp28; 07-Jun-2012 at 02:09 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 12 posts.

08-Jun-2012, 04:51 AM #23
I do not think that it is unfair, since I am trying out as many ideas as possible. I even tried to call the VAIO support, to get the really newest Ricoh driver, but the one they made me download was the same old driver as the others I tested out. The more heads think about a problem, the faster it will probably get solved. If I offended you in some way, then excuse me. And if you are not going to answer my questions anymore or trying to help me, then I indeed will have to move over to win7f. Thank you for your help.

08-Jun-2012, 05:54 AM #24
I am not offended in anyway.
But you have to understand that we do not know all the answers to the questions posted here.
We too research the net in trying to find the right answers.

If helpers on more than one forum are suggesting answers but we have no idea what you have tried and what works or not.
Then we are all spending our time researching the same answer, when on the other forum you have already tried that and it did not work.
Sounds confusing, because it is.
Moderator with 63,796 posts.

08-Jun-2012, 06:21 AM #25
heyya ghosttoast, it's technically not unfair, but it's a royal pain the butt. Especially if someone else had told you to try something based on what you said on that site, whereas you never let the people on the other site know that fact. sorta dangerous, too........I mean, imagine playing two doctors against each other, and every time you visit them, something else has changed.......

Best thing to do is to pick one and go with it.......I've known blues_harp for quite some time now, and I'll toss my lot in with him, but you are certainly free to choose which site would help you the most.....

thanks,

v

"Ask Bill why the string in function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that". - Gary Kildall
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
driver, freeze, game, issue, sound

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!