Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

BSOD when computer goes to sleep or I press the sleep button.

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Jun-2012, 07:24 PM #1
Unhappy BSOD when computer goes to sleep or I press the sleep button.
Whenever I press the sleep button on my computer, or when I leave it idle and it goes to sleep by itself, I get a blue screen of death. I would really like to solve this issue and it would be great if someone was able to help me ...

Now, this computer came with an AMD video card, but I uninstalled those drivers and took out the video card and installed a GTX 570 from EVGA. The drivers are up to date, so I am pretty sure the new hardware is installed correctly. Furthermore, it was not doing this for the first few months of having the video card installed. This is very recent, so I don't understand what it could be...

I've attached an image of the BSOD so you all can see.

Thanks for any help you can give
Attached Thumbnails
BSOD when computer goes to sleep or I press the sleep button.-photo-jun-13-8-50  
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
21-Jun-2012, 07:29 PM #2
0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

You have an incompatible driver. For sleep, all drivers need to be WHQL so they can behave the way they should.

Did your drivers come from the manufacturer's site?
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 07:36 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvandil View Post
0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

You have an incompatible driver. For sleep, all drivers need to be WHQL so they can behave the way they should.

Did your drivers come from the manufacturer's site?
I downloaded the latest drivers from NVIDIA. I'm guessing I have to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers and then download and install the ones from EVGA? And if yes, would this include the audio drivers too? (I have NVIDIA audio drivers)

Last edited by PhatBoiJ; 21-Jun-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Computer Specs

21-Jun-2012, 07:45 PM #4
It's always best to get the drivers from the manufacturer. And don't use driver "scanners" because they too often make mistakes, try to update drivers that don't need to be updated, or install bad drivers when the one you had already was working fine.

If you have an EVGA card, you can get the driver from them, especially if the card didn't come with the machine. But for all other drivers for hardware that is original, go to the computer manufacturer's site.

Graphics is often the culprit in this, so that may be all you need to do. If your previous driver worked OK, you can roll back to that one in Device Manager.

Updating is not always wise with drivers, even though driver updaters and many other places on the net make it sound like it is needed. If they work, don't fix them and bring trouble in the process.
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 07:53 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvandil View Post
It's always best to get the drivers from the manufacturer. And don't use driver "scanners" because they too often make mistakes, try to update drivers that don't need to be updated, or install bad drivers when the one you had already was working fine.

If you have an EVGA card, you can get the driver from them, especially if the card didn't come with the machine. But for all other drivers for hardware that is original, go to the computer manufacturer's site.

Graphics is often the culprit in this, so that may be all you need to do. If your previous driver worked OK, you can roll back to that one in Device Manager.

Updating is not always wise with drivers, even though driver updaters and many other places on the net make it sound like it is needed. If they work, don't fix them and bring trouble in the process.
Thanks! I will download the new EVGA drivers right away.
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 08:12 PM #6
I don't think I will be having any more problems. Thanks for your help.
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 08:22 PM #7
Well, I was wrong. As soon as the computer went to sleep, same thing happened.

Any other suggestions?
Computer Specs

23-Jun-2012, 12:36 AM #8
Other drivers? How about your network card? That is a common problem.

Zip and attach your dump files from C:\Windows\Minidump and we'll see if we can find the exact driver.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
blue, bsod, death, screen, sleep

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!