Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

IP problem for connection

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

22-Jun-2012, 07:57 AM #1
IP problem for connection
I get Packardbell S380. Win 7 64x
My IP adress disappear after a reboot of a BOX.
Nothing appear in IP config
Nothing happen after IP config renew...
No access to "Properties" of IPV4 of my ethernet card

I installed another card to ensure it was not a HArdware issue ... No change at all, no IP
When i connect the wire to another computer everything works fine so modem BOX is ok.

any ideas?
Computer Specs
Member with 5,508 posts.

22-Jun-2012, 10:06 PM #2
Quote:
Nothing appear in IP config
There should always be an ip address with "ipconfig /all" If your pc is not reaching the router, ipconfig should give you a 169.254.x.x address.

If you cannot access the properties of ipv4, then something is wrong. Run "sfc /scannow" and see if it fixes anything.
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
23-Jun-2012, 12:11 AM #3
Your machine may be remotely controlled but that would show up on the other machine from same router, I think. Search Bing for IP Address, select first offering, that will tell you your IP address and the location of that address which may not be (probably isnt) your location/ISP may be using a proxy server behind a TOR firewall (you cannot prevent this or shut it off; it is cheaper for them). If you go to task mgr, performance, are all graphs maxed? Then go to perf. monitor and you can find IP addresses of intruders then their location on whatsmyip.com.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
23-Jun-2012, 12:12 AM #4
Check your network services to be sure they are running, especially Network Connections.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
23-Jun-2012, 12:17 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkenglish View Post
Your machine may be remotely controlled but that would show up on the other machine from same router, I think. Search Bing for IP Address, select first offering, that will tell you your IP address and the location of that address which may not be (probably isnt) your location/ISP may be using a proxy server behind a TOR firewall (you cannot prevent this or shut it off; it is cheaper for them). If you go to task mgr, performance, are all graphs maxed? Then go to perf. monitor and you can find IP addresses of intruders then their location on whatsmyip.com.
Right. Maybe it was Little Green Men. And if you go to Google and put in your SS# and shoe size, it will tell you what planet they are from.
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

23-Jun-2012, 12:33 AM #6
You dont think they do this?
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

23-Jun-2012, 12:49 AM #7
DO you have wireless connection bars on the right side of the task bar? If you do, when you click that, it should show all available wireless connections. If you can connect to one (your router), after it connects, right click the connection and select "status" and if a dialogue box appears with numbers ticking away, the wireless is working, click details and it will give you the IPv4 address your router assigned to the machine, and the DNS server's IPv4 address. If the latter is 65.32.5.111/112 then your machine is remotely controlled and the IP address shown is not the IP address that machine uses to transmit. Again, this can be found by searching your IP address rather than using a command prompt, as that will also be erroneous.
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

23-Jun-2012, 01:08 AM #8
for example: My machine says my IP address is 192.168.0.6. Whatsmyipaddress.com says no, it is 24.160.92.208. That address maps to a house about 2 miles from mine (search 24.160.92.208 on Bing). Reverse IP shows that is a server fed from another 2 miles from that, same IP (dynamic) and that is fed by 65.32.5.111 which is the DNS and this hosts all the downstream clients and its IPv4 address is, 24.160.92.208. FOllowing the path ends up in Redmond WA, then in DC at the Washington Post. Is there a reason someone would be monitoring your machine? I think they are. It is not illegal in most states if authorities have any reason to think that they can stop a crime by electronic surveillance, except land line phones require a federal warrant. COmputers after NT are made so that they can be accessed without users knowledge, or ability to stop it. The proxy of my ISP provides the following according to "whatsmyipaddress.com":
Below are a variety of services that we detect running at your IP address.
None

We are not able to detect any specific services running at this IP address. However, it does not mean there are none.
Suspected Network Sharing Device

We believe that this IP address represents the public IP address of a router or firewall with more than one device behind it. This does not mean that your computer or network has been hacked or compromised.
Network Sharing Device

We are confident this IP address is the public IP address of a router or a firewall.
Suspected Proxy Server

We believe this IP address is a proxy server. A proxy server is a computer that offers a computer network service to allow clients to make indirect network connections to other network services. A client connects to the proxy server, then requests a connection, file, or other resource available on a different server. The proxy provides the resource either by connecting to the specified server or by serving it from a cache. In some cases, the proxy may alter the client's request or the server's response for various purposes.
Confirmed Proxy Server

We are confident this IP address is the public IP address of a proxy server.
TOR Exit Node

We are confident this IP address is the public IP address of a TOR server
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!