Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

PC won't boot period

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

Experience: Proficient
30-Jun-2012, 05:53 PM #1
PC won't boot period
Hey all. I haven't been here in awhile and the reason why I'm here is very very curious. You see... I'm a pretty techy guy and can fix things pretty easily, but this one has me baffled. First, I'll give you my computer specs so I can break this down as fast as possible.

MoBo: MSI A75-G55 Military Class II
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600MHz (4GB x 2)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0GBs
CPU: AMD A6-3650 Quad Core FM1 Socket Series
PSU: 650w 4-pin connection

Now let's move onto the problem... Whenever I power on my computer, it won't boot. At all. Not even to the intro screen showing you the motherboard label. Can't go into BIOS. ANYTHING. The curious thing about it is that I was using a Gigabyte A75-UD2H board and that's when it started, so I got a new board, yet it persists! I still cannot boot into BIOS and I know if you have a faulty HDD, it will at least recognize the MoBo first then tell you it can't find the HDD, which spins up fine and works perfectly... The CPU isn't burnt out or anything and I just really can't figure this thing out! If anyone could help me out it would be MUCH appreciated! I want to stop tearing my hair out and get off my sister's computer as SOON AS POSSIBLE! Thank you so much!
Computer Specs
Member with 1,705 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Jun-2012, 09:34 PM #2
You might get more answers if you request a Mod or Admin to move your post to the hardware thread. What brand PSU are you using?
Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

30-Jun-2012, 10:17 PM #3
How can I request this to get moved? Also, PSU is Coolmax V-600 series 600w psu
Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

30-Jun-2012, 11:44 PM #4
Okay so I just did a minimum requirements check and ran just my mobo and my psu attached to my monitor and still nothing. No ram, no HD, no CD drive. What does this mean?
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Jul-2012, 08:28 AM #5
Do you have access to another PSU that you can try to test with?
Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

01-Jul-2012, 02:13 PM #6
It's most definitely the PSU guys.. Thank you for your time, but I got new RAM and a new MoBo, both of which failed, so the last culprit is of course the PSU so it's time to get a new one.
Member with 2,135 posts.

02-Jul-2012, 08:28 AM #7
I would have checked out the PSU first. Just went through similar problem with daughter's computer. It would run for a while then shut down. Other times it wouldn't start at all. After arguing with hubby that it was probably not getting enough juice, hubby relented and took it out. We went over to Best Buy and their Geek Squad guy was really nice. He hooked it up to a testing gadget and sure enough it was shot!!!
Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

02-Jul-2012, 04:46 PM #8
I got a new PSU and that didn't even help it! So I've replaced the RAM, MoBo, and PSU, all to no avail. The processor is NOT blown and I've tested 2 HDDs and multiple USB ports for my other items TO NO AVAIL. Does ANYONE know what it could be?
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

02-Jul-2012, 05:13 PM #9
Try running with just the miniumum plugged in. Nothing in usb ports except mouse and keyboard no dvd and only one HDD.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

02-Jul-2012, 05:14 PM #10
BTW the old PSU could have taken out some of the new parts.
Computer Specs
Member with 21 posts.

02-Jul-2012, 07:35 PM #11
I've already tried this. Mouse, keyboard, monitor. Only things plugged in. I took all the replacement parts back but still got a new PSU... Does this mean all the new parts I bought are dead possibly? I really would feel ****** if I returned dead parts.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

02-Jul-2012, 07:49 PM #12
A bad PSU can take out other hardware. If you are getting nothing when you try to boot not even a beep code then either the PSU or mobo is bad.
Try removing the RAM and see if you get a beep code when you try to boot it. You should get one.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!