Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Unable to Access HTTPs or Secure sites.

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
01-Jul-2012, 02:06 PM #1
Unable to Access HTTPs or Secure sites.
All three of my browsers (Firefox, Comodo & IE) show up as blank pages.

I can access all other sites, except when the URL has an Https on it. Using netstat i saw that port #443 was not in a listening state, yet none of my firewalls, (comodo antivirus, Windows firewall or peerblock) seem to be blocking the port.

I am fairly new at this and i cannot restore to a later date as i do not know when this actually started up, and i cannot restore as i have data on this PC that i need, and am unable to backup into any other form.

Please help me, I thank you for your time and patience.

I have a windows 7 OS.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,317 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Jul-2012, 03:42 PM #2
Make sure your computer has the correct date and time.
Member with 3 posts.

01-Jul-2012, 05:12 PM #3
The date and time is accurate.

And I do not believe that I have installed any thing new recently, except for the microsoft updates.
Computer Specs
Member with 6 posts.

01-Jul-2012, 05:43 PM #4
Doing system restore won't affect data such as documents, songs, movies pictures etc. Only programs installed on the computer will be affected. For example, if you have installed a program today and saved a picture or any file and then you did system restore to 5 days ago, the program you just installed will be removed but the picture will still be there.

Also, you might want to try to disable or better yet uninstall your antivirus temporarily and see if that fixes the problem. If you have more than 1 antivirus installed on the computer is never recommended since they might cancel or corrupt each other in the long run. Try going to device manager and click on show hidden devices and temporarily disable antivirus services from there if you do not want to uninstall your antivirus. Do a clean boot as well by going to msconfig and restart the computer. Also do a full scan using malwarebytes for malware as well even if you have done scanning using your own antivirus program.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,317 posts.

01-Jul-2012, 06:54 PM #5
Member with 3 posts.

02-Jul-2012, 01:47 AM #6
Thank you for your suggestions, this problem presists across multiple browsers, including Firefox which is knows to handle SSL sites differently.

Even so i did try the suggestions placed down by many members here, and even opted to restore the system, only thing is supposedly i cleared the quarantine box in my comodo antivirus software that now restore crashes trying to restore the viruses i had purged previously and there are no later restores to be had.

The only symptom i can be sure of is that my 443 port is not open, and i am wondering if my ISP had done this, and if so how can i detect this so that i can inquire from them.

I tried running these through Command Prompt.

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

The items marked in red failed to initialize, what does that mean?

Last edited by diamonddragonior; 02-Jul-2012 at 09:26 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
https(443)

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!