Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Winload.exe Corrupted or Missing, I need help

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Jul-2012, 11:19 PM #1
Smile Winload.exe Corrupted or Missing, I need help
Sorry if this is a lot of information or any spelling errors etc... I am stressed and trying to relax. I have been using pc's on a development standpoint since windows 3.1. I know I am probably missing something easy.

P.S. Keep in mind I do have another HDD with a windows partition if I need to access the HDD from explorer.

So I recently tried to load up one of my partitions on an Intel SSD and received a few errors. It started with winlogon.exe to a few others but have one by one replaced them. I am finally at the Winload.exe is either missing or corrupted. I have tried to fix the master boot record, I have tried replacing Winload.exe through command prompt. here is a list of the commands I used that I can remember.
Bootrec.exe /Rebuild etc...
Sfc (USING OFFLINE BUILD)
CHKDSK

Other random trial and errors.
Copy
Del

I have gotten to the point where the "Launch System Repair" From Win 7 Disc says there is no problem and the OS loaded properly, however when I try to run I get the winload.exe Error. When I use the "Launch System Repair" From the other boot options post BIOS it says loading windows files and two progress bars fill then it returns to the Launch System Repair and Start windows normally screen. After I try to launch the system repair it just reverts back to the Launch system repair and start windows normally screen. I cannot get into safe mode, the f8 option just will not load. (Is there a way to edit the MSCONFIG options remotely, from another HDD Partition, so that I can tell it to start in safe mode?)

Normally I would just format and do a clean install however I have a lot of programs I do not feel like reactivating and emailing to get license transfers. I feel that I am missing something obvious and I am stressed and am trying to take a breath. I was hoping those of you who are relaxed maybe can think. Thanks again.
Computer Specs
Member with 51,993 posts.

02-Jul-2012, 11:21 PM #2
You better start at the beginning. How did Windows get on that machine in the first place and where did it come from?
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Jul-2012, 11:30 PM #3
The computer is completely built piece by piece. The 120GB SSD hard drive came blank and I formatted into two 56 gig partitions, (Roughly). After formatting I did a clean Windows 7 Disc Install onto one of the partitions on the SSD. I used the other partition just for storage NO WINDOWS FOLDER EXISTS. Everything worked for about 2 months. Before it went out my BIOS was freezing, I am using a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. I cleared the CMOS and removed all of my USB Ports. Since then it hasn't worked.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
boot, corrupted, windows 7, windows will not start, winload.exe

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!