Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HP Laptop freezing constantly

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

03-Jul-2012, 04:39 PM #1
Question HP Laptop freezing constantly
Hi,

I'm not entirely sure I've posted this in the correct section of the forum but I'm not really sure what the problem is, so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have a HP Pavilion g series laptop, I got it in February of this year and it has been running brilliantly until a week or two ago. It has started freezing just after startup, the mouse still moves but if I click anything I just get a spinning blue circle and Ctrl + Alt + Del does absolutely nothing. I got told to try Ctrl + Shift + Esc instead but that doesn't work either. The computer runs fine in Safe Mode with absolutely no issues, and if I manually restart, boot in Safe Mode and then restart into normal mode sometimes it will come on and work normally.

I have looked at several forums already and following suggestions to others I've tried clean booting, which didn't help, and disabled the Computer Browsing - which seemed to fix the problem for a day. I can't System Restore because my laptop has no restore points saved which seems bizarre especially as I'm sure a couple of times I have specifically told it to save a point.

I checked the Event Logs (again following suggestions on other forums) and it seems that the system crashed on the 24th of May there is an error stating:
The previous system shutdown at 19:40:45 on ‎24/‎06/‎2012 was unexpected.

After this there are just Error messages everywhere. The 24th and 25th have Warnings every few minutes saying:
Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued

One of these is followed by the error message:
The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because of an IO failure on volume C:.

after this there are many error messages bu the most commonly recurring are:

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{9E175B6D-F52A-11D8-B9A5-505054503030}
DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{DD522ACC-F821-461A-A407-50B198B896DC}
DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Can anybody help?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dcom, error, freeze, hp laptop, laptop

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!