Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

reinstall windows 7 without disc

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Jul-2012, 08:39 PM #1
reinstall windows 7 without disc
i bought a computer from someone, and the windows 7 ultimate has degraded so bad that i need to reinstall it, but no discs came with the machine. I downloaded an iso image of windows 7 ultimate 64 bit that will supposedly work with a key, which i found with "magic jellybean key finder". I put the iso image, about 3.3 Gigabytes, on a dvd disc. Now I want to back up as best as possible before trying a reinstall, and I am an amateur with most of this stuff. I've been investigating backup methods and software, including the windows 7 itself., but supposedly there is a better way with some freeware like maybe easeus, etc.

Can anyone help me out because this is starting to take way too much time and I need to get this done soon. It would be great if you could tell me if what I've done so far is correct and the best way to proceed with backup and reinstall. Thanks so much in advance.
SUEOHIO   (SUE) SUEOHIO is offline SUEOHIO has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,684 posts.

Experience: Advanced
06-Jul-2012, 03:42 AM #2
Where did you download the copy of windows 7 from? And the key is from where? Is it a legit COA sticker thats on the computer?If the computer didnt come with windows 7 you cant just download copies of windows 7 or any other operating system.You will have to purchase a copy of whatever version of windows 7 you want to have and it will have a COA sticker or product key to use so that it can be properly activated.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,563 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 10:19 AM #3
If the computer includes a sticker with a valid product key for Windows 7 Ultimate there is a chance that you have a legitimate Windows (and the 'someone" seller should have included a way to reinstall or "Recover" it), but probably you did not purchase a valid Windows.

Either way, downloading a copy of Windows 7 for which you have not paid is piracy, and we do not support that. Closing.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
reinstall backup

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!