Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Don't know what these files are!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 537 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Jul-2012, 08:45 PM #1
Don't know what these files are!
Hello,

Computer Specs
Windows 7
Intel Pentium dual-core CPU p6000
1.87ghz
4.0gb Ram

I have these random files in my c drive and I can't seem to figure out if i really need them or not. I have taken a picture of my c drive and was wondering if someone would be able to assist me in figuring these folders out.

Files:
cfa911942012afe017bd9....
bdlog
Iv
Test
Perflogs

Thank You.
Attached Thumbnails
Don't know what these files are!-desktop-image.png  

Last edited by Ankit; 05-Jul-2012 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: added more information
Computer Specs
Member with 17 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 01:47 AM #2
They are most likely files stored by other programs that are or were installed on your computer. Open them up. What do they contain? Any info about a specific program you may have installed?

Another trick is to look at the date modified and go in the uninstall a program wizard and match the date with a program installed. If the dates match, the file is most likely associated with that program.
Computer Specs
Member with 537 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 04:59 AM #3
I have done a print screen of the files Perflog, bdlog, cfa911942012.. and lv which I have attached . I still have no clue what these are. Is it safe to delete? Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Don't know what these files are!-desktop-2.png   Don't know what these files are!-desktop-3.png  
Member with 11,761 posts.

06-Jul-2012, 05:36 AM #4
You can delete the Perflogs files if you want but they probably are not taking any space up.

folder is created by Performance Information and Tools, and Reliability and Performance Monitor that tests and measures your system score rating and performance to save the recorded files.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!