Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Adobe flash 11

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jul-2012, 04:26 PM #1
Unhappy Adobe flash 11
My operating system is Windows 7 Pro, Browser is IE9, as far as I can tell all updates are up to date.
MY PROBLEM

Windows says I have installed the Adobe Flash ver 11 with Chrome. When I view an email that requires Adobe Flash I get a warning that I need to install it, I have doen this many times, still unable to read a video that requires Adobe Flash which Chrome. It appears that something within Windows 7 Pro and or the IE9 Browser is preventing this. Have not been able to find what it is. In Programs and Features Adobe Flash 11 is listed so it appears that it is installed. I think at one time I got a VERY breif warning that something is bloacking the flash program. Does anyone have any ideas?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 04:28 PM #2
Chrome is a browser. It has nothing to do with Internet Explorer. It also has its own Flash plug-in. How are you viewing e-mail messages? Web browser? Chrome or Flash? Or are you using an e-mail client? You're saying the messages themselves have embedded Flash videos? Coming from where? What about other Flash videos like YouTube?
Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 06:09 PM #3
I use Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 Pro. I get an email from anyone with a link to view a video, I click the link I am taken to the web page having the video I click the video to view it and imediately get a notice that I need to install Adobe Flash, a line or two down from that I bust place a CHECK in a box stating that I must have chrome installed on Windows 7 Pro, I have tried whith or without placing the check in that box (this area is whith in Adobe) the flash program is installed bot wont read the video. I build web sitesI know what chrome is, have been viewing videos of all kinds for a long time, this has suddenly occured and have not been able to find out what is preventing me to view the flash videos. Windows 7 Pro shows that I have Adobe Flash drive installed with Chrome but still does not allow me to view the video. The Adobe site is has this note requireing Chrome, as I said tried both ways still no help. Something in Windows 7 Pro and or IE9 is blocking the video using Flash. Videos in wmv work fine, those that require Flash do not. I do not know how to make it any clearer.

27-Jul-2012, 08:31 PM #4
It's not clear to me at all. You open an e-mail message in Windows Live Mail. That's an e-mail client. The e-mail message has a link to a website. What browser is that opening in? Chrome or Internet Explorer? It has to be one or the other. Chrome includes Flash. You can't install Flash in Chrome. It simply doesn't work that way. I have no idea what checkbox you're talking about. Attach a screen shot.

Why do you continue to mention a potential issue with Internet Explorer? If you're using Chrome as your browser, and you never open anything in IE, how can IE possibly be related to this issue?

Go to this site, and tell me what happens. You should see the Flash video as well as the version of Flash installed.
https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

28-Jul-2012, 02:24 PM #5
I have three images I want to show how I have Chrome installed along with prooof that I have Adobe Flash 11. I still get warning to install Adobe Flash 11 with CHROME, still cannot read the videos. As soon as I get another video to view I will capture the instructions to install Adobe Falsh 11. For now view these images; Since this program will not allow me to upload the pictures I wil place them on my web site for you to see or download. I will send you the link.

28-Jul-2012, 02:29 PM #6
Support stays in the forums. Post any links here.

Perhaps we're having a language problem. Internet Explorer is not related to Chrome. It is a completely separate web browser.

I asked what happened when you click on the link I posted. I'm not sure why you're reluctant to do so.
Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 02:06 PM #7
Adobe Flash 11
I know that Chrome is browser, I have it installed on my Windows 7 Pro computer along with FireFox, Netscape, Opera and others not so well known. I build web sites so I need the browsers that most people use to make sure my web sites and added pages will work on all browsers. I mentioned Chrome because that is one of the rquirements from Adobe to install Flash 11, I have placed a check in this option several times as well as leaving it blank, went on and installed Adobe Flash 11. The Add and remove programs in Windwos seven called PROGRAMS AND FEATURES reports that I have it installed, yet everytime I am sent a link in an email to view a particular video, can be from anyone I ALLWAYS get a page that says I do not have Adobe Flash when I do. In that page from Adobe is where I find one of the requirements to install Chrome no mention that it is a browser just the notation. I have failed to make a copy of this page and plan to do so the next time I get a link to view a video requireing Adobe Flash. Another program I have used for years is a slide show program called WEB ALBUM MAKER this program allows me to create a slide show, place it on web pages and view my slide shows, THEY ALSO DO NOT WORK SINCE THE PROGRAM REQUIRES A FLSH PROGRAM to run. This condition I have found my self in only stated about two months ago, no problem before that. I have not found a way to log onto the Adobe web site and find a way to send them an email or call them about the problem

My personal web site www.cvrennaker.com I use the program "Web Album Maker" to create several slide shows for that site, they all work on my Windows XP Pro computer with no problems. I do not use the XP compouter for email only web use. The link to solve this problem that was provided by someone at techguy did not help, cannot remember what the link was to do however.

29-Jul-2012, 02:36 PM #8
You certainly do not have to install Chrome in order to view Flash videos on the web.

I posted a link to check Flash. Click it.

Otherwise, wait for someone else to decipher your posts. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 03:19 PM #9
Adobe Flash 11
In your reply on 27 July you say that Chrome has nothing to do with IE9 and I agree, I stated that the message I get from Adobe that I must install Adobe Flash to read this video states very clearly that I must install Chrome, it appears to me you were challenging that statement. Windows 7 Pro says I have the flash program it will not work.That is my problem. Your link to check to see if I have the program proved that I do not have it since the a vdeo did not play, that is my problem. Programs and Features in my Windows 7 Pro shows that I have it installed, in every case when I was prompted to install the Flash Program I installed it and was informed when completed that it insatlled OK. That is the problem, IT WONT WORK.

Something in IE9 OR WINDOWS 7 PRO is blicking the program. I have tried using any of the other browsers, still does not work. The links I get via email are from a website throgh the browser so it would appear that it is not a browser problme but a Windows 7 Pro problem. Do you still feel I am crazy, if so tell me so and I will search else where for a solution.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,249 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 04:15 PM #10
Chrome has Flash built in. The one that you saw in Programs and Features is not the Flash that is active in Chrome.

Anyways, in the browser address bar, type in about:plugins and you will see all plugins. Check to see if Flash is disabled.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 31,688 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 09:41 PM #11
Account Disabled with 1,906 posts.

Experience: Between Vast & Half-Vast
30-Jul-2012, 10:42 PM #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
It's not clear to me at all. You open an e-mail message in Windows Live Mail. That's an e-mail client. The e-mail message has a link to a website. What browser is that opening in? Chrome or Internet Explorer? It has to be one or the other. Chrome includes Flash. You can't install Flash in Chrome. It simply doesn't work that way. I have no idea what checkbox you're talking about. Attach a screen shot.

Why do you continue to mention a potential issue with Internet Explorer? If you're using Chrome as your browser, and you never open anything in IE, how can IE possibly be related to this issue?

Go to this site, and tell me what happens. You should see the Flash video as well as the version of Flash installed.
https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
Actually, I think what is happening is that Hardy81 is confusing an email attachment with a link to a website. If he is clicking on an attachment and his computer doesn't have a PDF reader or the Flash Player installed, that would explain why the "links" won't open. Since Windows 7 doesn't include a built-in PDF reader, Flash support, or even Java support, I think that's the most likely explanation. The only realistic alternative is that your system might be infected with malware.

Last edited by Snagglegaster; 30-Jul-2012 at 11:14 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 8 posts.

31-Jul-2012, 01:45 PM #13
Adobe Flash 11
I am responding to Snagglegaater on 30-jul 2012.
I have been using email for 20 years, I DO KNOW the differency between an attachment and a link in email, why he would say that I do not know, just inderfernce, not sure. It does not make any difference whether my problem results from an attachememt or a link the result was the same ADOBE FLASH 11 would not work, an attachement can be a link to a web site directly or to a vedeo that requires ADOBE FLASH PERIOD, same an imbedded link to a site that has the video.

One of the replies to my question directed me to a program that cost me $35 to get the paid version of that program to compolete the so called fixes, IT DID NOT WORK, the no charge version did fix some problems, it says, the paid version will fix the rest of them. I do not believe it fixed anything. I have stumbled into many of those kind of programs that five you a taste of what it can do, telling you to pay for to get the full benifit. HAVE NOT FOUND ONE OF THEM THAT WORKED.

I found out myself what was wrong, one of the IE9 updates remove Active X from working, I re-instated it in IE9 TOOLS OPTIONS THEN ADVANCED. This closes my question with techguy.org and will lnot be back by those that I do not know what I am talking about as evidenced by the replies to my post.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 31,688 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 10:46 AM #14
Nobody here asked you to download a 35$ program. You most likely clicked on an ad and got fooled by it.

We are all volunteers here and try our very best to help. The clearer the description of an issue, the more likely we'll find a solution. It was hard to tell exactly which browser you were actually having trouble with.

Arrogance will certainly not help you on any forum.

Please read instructions and questions carefully, and reply in a timely manner... Thank you.
Google is my best friend. It could be yours too...
If your problem is solved, please click on the Mark Solved button.

Last edited by Phantom010; 03-Aug-2012 at 11:56 AM..
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,654 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Aug-2012, 12:02 PM #15
This is a FREE program, run it and see if it can help you figure out your dilemma.

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!