Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Bloatware

(!)

Member with 6 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 12:55 AM #1
Solved: Bloatware
Hello and thanks you in advance for taking a look into my problem. My aunt bought a brand new window 7 hp laptop (64bit) that has a lot of bloatware software applications on it. The thing is that I have a oem window 7 dvd. Could I "upgrade" the laptop to a pristine state? I think I can download the right drivers for the laptop hardware; via the hp websites. If you have an answer, please word it accordingly to a beginner computer user. Again, my thanks anyone that replies.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,477 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Jul-2012, 01:33 AM #2
You could install the Win 7 OEM so long as it has not been installed on another computer. Problem with an OEM copy is that it legally is married to the first motherboard it was installed on. That said, if you are willing to install it on this computer and only this computer, you would of course loose the ability to do a factory restore. Personally I use the Factory Installed OEM Version with the Drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer, then I use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall all the bloatware that shipped with the computer. here is a link. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

30-Jul-2012, 02:56 AM #3
I second Dustyjays advice
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,952 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Jul-2012, 12:23 PM #4
What's the model name and full model number of that HP laptop?

If you don't know for sure, advise what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker is.

------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Control Panel - Programs And Features.

Submit the names here in a vertical list of the "bloatware" that you want to get rid of.

------------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!