Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

on screen keyboard

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 48 posts.

Experience: Beginner
03-Aug-2012, 01:00 PM #1
on screen keyboard
Hi
I use the on screen keyboard quite regularly but the word prediction function has stopped working it no longer appears in the options menu have trawled through a large number of web pages without any success
Clean boot
sfc /scannow
change admin settings
reset tablet
System Restore
Plus several others all without success any help would be much appreciated
Best
Chrisjohn
Member with 1,633 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 01:56 PM #2
Not a fix, just an option if for some reason things don`t work out with the windows onscreen keyboard. There are freeware onscreen keyboard softwares out there. Now, as to if they have the word prediction function you indicated stopped working, and you really need that function, the only way to know would be to try the software. Here is a link to one: http://cnt.lakefolks.com/
Account Disabled with 725 posts.

03-Aug-2012, 02:01 PM #3
Have you tried booting to safe mode? If it works there then another program is stopping it from working and has
to be identified by stopping each startup program in msconfig startup tab one at a time.
I wasn't even aware of this feature even though I use OSK occasionally but now I perused the net to see some had
the problems you have and either worked on my suggestion or did a clean install of Windows.
Do you have recent full backups of your system? Always keep recent ISO or clone copies of your hard drive.
Computer Specs
Member with 48 posts.

04-Aug-2012, 09:12 AM #4
Hi
Thank you for your prompt reply I have already put Click-N-Type on the pc and find it works very well but from my point of view I would like to know what went wrong with the osk and how to fix it I have tried safe mode without success also msconfig I have the backup disks to reset to factory but am very reluctant to go that way I do not have sufficient hd space for clone copies.
Again thank you for your help any further thoughts very welcome
Best
Chrisjohn
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,697 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Aug-2012, 10:00 AM #5
Cloned copies should never be put on the same disk as your OS is on, kind of defeats the purpose if you know what I mean.
Account Disabled with 725 posts.

05-Aug-2012, 05:07 PM #6
Yeah, late now but external hard drives are for those needed backups. But if all you have is factory install disk/partition.......
bet you'll have some other means next time.
Good luck.
Computer Specs
Member with 48 posts.

06-Aug-2012, 09:26 AM #7
Does anyone know if i can uninstall the osk and download latest version
Best
CHRISJOHN
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!