Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: att.net homepage different & fullscreen

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 187 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-Aug-2012, 10:53 PM #1
Solved: att.net homepage different & fullscreen
Don't know what I did but I no longer have a top bar that has "Favorites" link,etc., nor a bottom bar that has "Start", "Date", "Time", etc.and the att.net homepage is different and fullscreen but very small type. I have a Dell laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium, IE 9. When I have an open website on my screen and I want to close it then I have to put the cursor at the top of the screen & click it for a bar to appear which has the red X to close out. Strange.
Sure hope someone knows how I can get back to my original look. John
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,654 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
07-Aug-2012, 11:22 PM #2
Try a System Restore to a time prior to this taking place.
Computer Specs
Member with 500 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 12:01 AM #3
I don't know what you've done to your home page unless it's just a matter of having changed the zoom level on the status bar, so system restore is probably the easiest way to fix that as captainron276 says.

For future reference, in IE9, F11 (or Control. + F11, or Fn + F11 depending on your computer) takes you in and out of full screen. You can right click on the ribbon up the top, and tick the toolbars you want to show.

As for the start button etc, on your desktop, move your cursor to the bottom of the screen, and when the taskbar shows, right click on the start button, go into Properties, and in the taskbar tab, untick Auto-hide the Taskbar.

Last edited by good grief; 08-Aug-2012 at 01:43 AM..
Computer Specs
Member with 187 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 09:27 PM #4
Thanks, Captainron & Good Grief . I tried the System Restore back to 8/5/12 & it did not restore my ATT.Net homepage to originall look. So I went back in to System Restore to UNdo the 8/5/12 Restore for both Drives C and D, which it did. Now I'm trying to go back to 8/3/12 Restore point but no matter where I L or R click I can find no way to enter 8/3/12 as a new Restore point. On 8/2/12 I installed a new ATT/Netgear combination Wireless Router/Modem and I hesitate to goback before 8/2/12 for fear I will disturb the installation of that new wireless router/modem. Can you guide this beginner old man step by step?
And, Good Grief your suggestion about, FN and F11 worked and I now have my old top and bottom ribbons. I, also, did the right click on Start > Properties> and there was NO check for, Auto-Hide the Taskbar, nor for the other three items.
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,654 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 09:31 PM #5
Right click on the Taskbar itself and select Properties, now you will see the Auto-hide the taskbar.
Computer Specs
Member with 187 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 10:30 PM #6
I already did that as I said in my previous post and there was NO check mark there for me to UNtick.
What I need is instructions on how to restore my system back to 8/3/12. The System Restore screen shows my prior restore back to 8/5/12 BUT it does not allow me, anywhere, to enter a NEW restore point of 8/3/12. How do I do that?? John
Computer Specs
Member with 500 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 10:56 PM #7
Did you tick the box that says show more restore points? If you have earlier ones, they will show up then.

And you can only restore from points already made. You can't create one for an earlier date further down the line. You CAN however, create restore points now, which you will be able to use later if you need to, assuming they aren't overwritten. System restore only has a certain amount of space allocated to it.
Computer Specs
Member with 500 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 11:00 PM #8
Also, for your home page, when you go there, make sure the % on your status bar at the bottom of the page is reading at least 100%.
Computer Specs
Member with 187 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 11:44 PM #9
Good Grief: Not being able to go back to an earlier restore date is a bummer. I thought it logical that you would be allowed to go back in incremental steps until your problem was solved. Well, I guess that I killed that attempt to go back in time to ressurect my original homepage. Thanks for all your help, I do appreciate it. John
Computer Specs
Member with 500 posts.

09-Aug-2012, 12:53 AM #10
You probably CAN go back to an earlier date (maybe not on the actual date you want, but one earlier than that) if you tick that box I mentioned while you're in System Restore. Unless you've already ticked it and there was nothing there (and I can't imagine why there wouldn't be), give it a try.
Computer Specs
Member with 187 posts.

09-Aug-2012, 10:01 PM #11
I did that again, Good Grief. As before, it showed 8/5/12 for both drives C and D; also, a line that said my system was restored 8/8/12. There is NO PLACE for me to enter an earlier date as a restore point. The window shows today's date & time, for Description it shows: Undo Restore, then in a box it shows Drives C and D, and then Back, Finish, Cancel. John
Computer Specs
Member with 500 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 01:35 AM #12
Okay, if no earlier system restore date is available, I think at this point, unless someone pops in with an alternative other than a complete reinstall, it might be easiest for you to create a new user account. Make sure it's an administrator account, so you can access your files on the first account. If everything checks out after you've set it up, you can transfer your files to the new account and get rid of them out of the old one if you wish.
Computer Specs
Member with 187 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 10:58 PM #13
Sor.ry, good grief, but I don't feel competent enough to create a new user account . This old submariner is grateful for your help in in getting the top and bottom bars back for me. After I post this then I will mark it solved & close out this post. Thanks.
Computer Specs
Member with 3,654 posts.

10-Aug-2012, 11:21 PM #14
Just click on Help and put in create a new user account and it will walk you through it
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!