Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: HP dv6-6c 16nr Integrated webcam has stopped working...

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
08-Aug-2012, 07:56 AM #1
Solved: HP dv6-6c 16nr Integrated webcam has stopped working...
Hi forum members,
I've bought HP Pavilion dv6-6c 16nr laptop 2 months back and the webcam was working perfectly. Yesterday I found in a video chat that it is not working and not even being detected in the device manager, when i start youcam application it gives and error. "Warning, no webcam detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an integrated camera, make sure that it is turned on."
Because it was working fine just one day ago so I think it might be some windows or other application update which has caused the problem but havn't found any solution yet. Please give some solution.
waiting for a quick response......

HP Pavilion dv6-6c 16nr with Windows 7 Home Premium
mel8again mel8again is offline mel8again has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 767 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Aug-2012, 10:17 AM #2
Most laptops have an FN key in the lower left of the keyboard. Hold down the FN key and look along the top of the F keys for a webcam. Click on the F key and the webcam should then work.

I found the manual for your computer and my idea apparently is not going to work. As it's only 2 months old I would get HP support on the phone. The manual is at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5218522&sw_lang=&=& buy it doesn't seem to answer your question.l

Last edited by mel8again; 08-Aug-2012 at 10:34 AM..
Member with 3 posts.

08-Aug-2012, 04:05 PM #3
Thanx "mel8again" for your time considering to solve my problem, My laptop doesn't have any F key for the webcam and actually i did contacted hp support on phone and they want me to send unit to hp service center and wait for 2 or 3 weeks to get it back which i don't want that's why I was trying to find out if someone has got the same issue and has solved it without sending it to hp.
mel8again mel8again is offline mel8again has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 767 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Aug-2012, 07:29 AM #4
If HP wants it back there can't be a simple answer to your problem or they would have told you. Send it back.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,131 posts.

09-Aug-2012, 09:47 AM #5
I have an HP dv6 (different model from yours) with webcam; the webcam appears in the Device Manager regardless of whether it is on or off. If you do not want to take advantage of your warranty you can use an external webcam or pay a local shop to fix it (and hope they don't ruin something else).
Member with 3 posts.

13-Aug-2012, 06:38 AM #6
Finally I've left with no option other than to send my laptop to HP service Center. They've told me that the webcam connector has internally disconnected and I've to wait for a week to get that fix. Thanks everyone who tried to answer the question.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cam, cam not working, camera, hp integrated webcam, webcam

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!