Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Network lagging problems

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Aug-2012, 06:15 AM #1
Solved: Network lagging problems
Hi,

I have a HP Compaq, with Windows 7, home edition, 1 year old. The latest half year, my computer acts very bad; If You download a File, it will start lagging after 1..3 MB, if You start streaming a YouTube video, it lags after 30 sek, and You will probably not succeed in streaming the whole video. To me (not a professional) it seems like there is some problem in buffering the data...

Have tried all TCP/IP stack reset commands (netsh ....), but no luck.

The funniest thing is that when You see (with Chrome or IE) a filetransfer stopped (lagging), You can at the same time open a new window and for example zoom in a google map, which to me proves that there is no problem in the actual ip stack.

The ADSL connection is checked with another computer, and it works fine.

Does someone have any idea? I would not like to reinstall my Windows, because I have a lot of data on my computer.

REgards, Thomas
Member with 252 posts.

15-Aug-2012, 10:38 AM #2
If you've tested another computer on this network you might want to try reinstalling the network card drivers or try another network card with the problem computer if you have not done so already.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

16-Aug-2012, 09:04 AM #3
Thanks,

I will try with a new network card, but I have problems in understanding why it would be the problem, because I can start up several new Browser sessions, each with a Youtube video, and no problem, until the first 30 sek (app.).
Computer Specs
Member with 78 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Aug-2012, 09:09 AM #4
I think the cause may be an out dated modem. I had the customer who recently had the same problems. Here are two things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check if your modem needs firmware updates by logging in to the web user interface (usually http://192.168.0.1)
2. Call your ISP and tell them you suspect the modem is out dated. They may agree and send you another one.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 02:20 PM #5
Hi guys,

I bought a new USB WLAN "network card" , and connected it to my old ADSL modem (which had a wlan option already) and VOILA, no lagging problem.

So the problem was either in my drivers, or in the actual network card.

The funiest thing is though, that by pening a new browser window, i could start a new internet session, and get down the 3 seks of video...

But, thanks, now my netwok is up and running....

thomas
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!