Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: General dislike of Windows 7? Not fully satisfied?

(!)

Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 22 posts.

Experience: Beginner
16-Aug-2012, 03:55 PM #1
Thumbs up Solved: General dislike of Windows 7? Not fully satisfied?
I don't know about others, but I'm not going to go on a limb and say Windows 7 sucks or Windows altogether sucks, but I seek to express dislike for Windows 7.

To me the operating system lacks some key features that I feel could have been added.

The style seems a little "off," I don't like the system tray or system resources, I don't really like the windowed styles and arrangements, and there's a list of above things I can put here, but here's five main reasons I dislike Windows/Microsoft's software/software integration:

1.The graphical part of the OS is not my exact "taste," let's say.

2.Internet Explorer. It's integrated in to the OS, and it's both slow, ceases to keep up with other browsers, and it bores/depresses me. That big "E" just sets my mood the wrong way.

3.The optimization limits, arrangements of graphical data, and inability to really and entirely fully customize everything to your exact needs and desires(taskbar, desktop, trays, etc.).

4.It takes up so much RAM by default. You have to disable half of all running processes to even be pleased with the free memory available(unless you have 4 GB or more, Windows is hogging all the memory and leaving little to play for the other big kid programs).

5.The fricken errors. Almost always would the desktop explorer program cease to halt all modules and data before locking the user account to one desktop, while still lagging performance at the same time in background programs. And this is with 2 GB of RAM, a 2.20 GHz processor, and more than 50% memory available, including the use of paging files to accomodate for the speed problems. No excuses. Windows has also mistakenly refreshed and lagged slowly, causing tearing of the screen, and showing what should have been repainted over repeatedly, all with perfect memory available, no running programs taking memory, and everything loaded and clear. I was using only Notepad and tearing occured constantly. I wonder if operating systems under the Linux kernel tear this much when repainting and running regularly. I decided Windows 7: Home Edition should be renamed Windows 7: Tear Edition.

These are just few reasons why I can think of that makes Windows 7 unappealing to me.

To me I look at it this way ... Windows isn't free.

The operating system alone costs over $100.00 in most retailers.

Ubuntu is 100% free. It has no absolute relation to Windows operating system's kernel, software, files, or functioning, let's say, on top of having a complete different graphical system that is much more eye candy-ish.

Ubuntu, I've heard, can do everything Windows can, it doesn't eat up so much memory, and can even be booted and run from a USB stick. That's convenience! Did I mention that it's free?

And no, this isn't advertising or being an Ubuntu fan-crazed person here, but how can Windows compete to something free when some people generally dislike Windows for many reasons, some good and some not so good. And you think they'll believe it's worth the cash?
Computer Specs
Member with 26 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Aug-2012, 04:11 PM #2
This is a forum for tech support, not criticism or review. Go to the community section to discuss the pros and cons of various operating systems.
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 22 posts.

Experience: Beginner
16-Aug-2012, 04:19 PM #3
Ok
You can delete this post, whomever.

I will move this manually to the "Random Discussion" section.

Very sorry.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
dislike, microsoft, sucks, windows, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!