Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Windows 7 Random BSOD on Windows Update

(!)

Member with 354 posts.

Experience: EVER LEARNING
16-Aug-2012, 07:33 PM #1
Solved: Windows 7 Random BSOD on Windows Update
Hello working on A Dell Inspiron 570 Desktop and All was well until I try to install windows updates.. It crashes with the Error *** STOP:0x0000003B (0x00000000c0000005, 0xFFFFF80002BA8614, 0xFFFFF88004E2BFA0, 0X0000000000000000) any thoughts? THANKS in advance..
Member with 17 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Aug-2012, 06:57 PM #2
Hi, are all your drivers up-to-date (video, chipset, motherboard, etc...). Are you using any IEEE 1394 devices or has there been any changes to your hardware?
Member with 354 posts.

17-Aug-2012, 11:06 PM #3
No, there was no hardware changes. This was a computer straight out of the box, I have no fire wire peripheals hooked up to it, and I also tried Diagnostics and all hardware passed.. BSOD would happen Random, but especially when Downloading Windows Updates.. I tried multiple clean reinstalls from recovery partition, and even went as far as replacing HDD and reinstalling with CD, still same dilemmas. I feel it may be a mobo issue, I am in the process of returning it now, Though I guess this is technically now "solved", I would like to hear your expert opinion on what else I could or should have done? This was a peculiar problem/mystery for me.. THANKS..
Computer Specs
Member with 167 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 12:13 PM #4
Reason could be any it is hard to say... if you can provide the minidump file then we can see what went wrong.
Member with 354 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 02:54 PM #5
ah, how do I save the dump file?.. I am no expert on BSOD, I thought the code was that.. I apologize for my ignorance..
Computer Specs
Member with 78 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 04:49 PM #6
View Reliability Monitor. You can uninstall the updates in the control panel's Program and Features item.
Member with 354 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 11:30 PM #7
I just got new same exact model, all is good now THANKS!!!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!