Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Which puter mfg will still sell you OEM install disk

(!)

Member with 72 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Aug-2012, 08:20 PM #1
Solved: Which puter mfg will still sell you OEM install disk
Does anyone know if you can buy a consumer grade laptop and for a nominal cost get the OEM OS install disk. I want a clean Windows 7 disk with no bloatware.

As any of us tech savvy ppl. know they sell you are computer with lots of bloatware installed on the puter and it often slows it down. I have seen where once reformatted the computer received much faster download speeds than previous, it went from 1mg down to 20 mg just on reformatting and removing the junk.

I just bought this Asus laptop peice of junk, supposed to be a good brand, and the touch pad is all messed up so Asus tells me to use the partion recovery, but if I do that I get all the bloatware back! That junk is going back to Sams.

What I want is like what Dell gave me years ago. An OEM OS install disk that I paid like $20 bucks for that didn't contain any bloatware.

When I call the noobs at Asus or Dell they say just remove the software you don't want. Yeah right and leave all the registry errors and crap, no thanks.

Does any mfg offer an OEM OS install disk these days?

Obviously I could buy Windows 7 clean but after paying $800 I don't think I should have to do that since I paying retail.

TIA
Computer Specs
Member with 78 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Aug-2012, 09:16 PM #2
Not that I know of but I run a small computer repair / custom pc shop and we give our customers OEM software on disk.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,820 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Aug-2012, 09:26 PM #3
If you want a windows disk now days you have to buy one. PC manufacturers don't supply them, at least without the bloatware. Asus has less than a lot of other brands out there. Try using Revouninstaller free version, works great and gets rid of all the residual files and registry entries for the program it is uninstalling.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html
Member with 72 posts.

17-Aug-2012, 09:28 PM #4
I think I found the solution
If I understand correctly this should work download a clean ISO image burn to disk all good. Sorry for my rambling I don't like windoze but it's a windoze world so have to work with something you rather not. If this fixes it I will be real happy.

[link removed by mod]

Does anyone know if Windows 8 has a registry too?

Thanks for the quick replies BTW.

Last edited by TerryNet; 18-Aug-2012 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: inappropriate link
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,446 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 10:52 AM #5
I removed the link from your last post because the referenced article includes links to copyrighted material that is meant for Digital River customers, not for anybody who finds a link to the software.

We have been discussing this behind the scenes, but have not come to a decision. Until we do I am treating this kind of link as inappropriate, but not giving any infraction for it. And, in this case, not even a warning.

Quote:
Does anyone know if Windows 8 has a registry too?
Thanks for the laugh. What would Windows be without a registry? Would it still be Windows?
Member with 72 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 03:38 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryNet View Post
I removed the link from your last post because the referenced article includes links to copyrighted material that is meant for Digital River customers, not for anybody who finds a link to the software.
I am confused whats wrong with using that link since I already have a paid for Windows 7 license. I am not pirating or anything. I did it last night and it worked like a charm, no more bloatware. After I ran the ISO I had to input my serial key which I did and all is good.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,446 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 04:41 PM #7
Quote:
I am confused whats wrong with using that link since I already have a paid for Windows 7 license.
So are we (confused), which is why our discussion is stretching forever w/o decision. One of my concerns is that if you go to Digital River or the Microsoft store there is no way to get that software w/o buying. Another concern of mine is that when you do a little digging you find that the sites and blogs that give the links often slip up with such comments as "made a good guess on how to find ..." or "major leak."

You can mark this solved using the button at the upper left of the page or just below the last post.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!