Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Unable to create instance of required object

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 10:26 PM #1
Unable to create instance of required object
I have searched high and low for a solution to this problem. I am running Windows 7. This error pops up in a window titled "fatal error" - "Unable to create an instance of required object". It happens in Firefox (14.0.1) and Word (Office 2010) usually when I'm trying to save or download a file. It then crashes the program and sometimes my entire computer.

I've found tons of old references to problems relating to Allaire Homesite, but the page that windows support sends you to a Macromedia page that no longer exists as they were purchased by Adobe. At one point in the last year, I had started to install Homesite 5 but wasn't successful as I could not find my serial number. But that was long ago and this error just started happening now.

I did search the forums here but found only one post that was never resolved or replied to.

SO grateful to anyone who might shed light on this problem.
Member with 129 posts.

19-Aug-2012, 01:13 AM #2
I could see two types of messages being mentioned - one with "ServerAdmin" and another "FileProxy".
Which one are you getting ?
For FileProxy - MS-Knowledge base says there is a fix in Homesite's Readme file. But it appears these errors are associated with Homsite/Coldfusion. And this page, mentions unregistering some CF DLLs, did you try that ?

Please check the Event Viewer for any clues.
Member with 2 posts.

20-Aug-2012, 07:41 PM #3
I have tried the things you found. I'm so puzzled that I can't find the answer to this one!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
homesite, object, proxy

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!