Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

the unmountable boot volume msg

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Aug-2012, 08:08 AM #1
the unmountable boot volume msg
Hi,
I have a pretty new Dell vostro laptop, with win 7, 64bit (home edition i think).
I'm on a trip, and i don't have the recovery disk.
i get the BSOD with the "unmountable boot volume" msg.
i googled it and found a lot of things i could do, most of them recommanded using the disk, which i don't have.
one of them said to press F8 and choose the repair your computer options, which i did and then a desktop looking window appeared with nothing on it, and then after about 25 mins a window poped asking which langues i want, i chose english (US) and then after another 10 mins this window showed, i chose command prompt, and started typing some of the stuff that people suggested:
chkdsk c: (with /p /r /f, alltogether and most of the possible combination)
the main thing i noticed is that nothing seemed to be wrong, with 0kb of bad sectors or something like that.
then i tried:
bootrec /ScanOS, it finshed the scan saying that, amount of windows something something was: 0
which i guess isn't good, then i did this:
bootrec /fixboot, it said very quickly somthing like: Done
and then i wrote this:
bootrec /fixmbr, and also very quickly wrote something like Done.
and then i wrote exit and restarted, and the same problem accured, as if i havn't done anything..

Thanks a lot in advance,
Tomer

p.s
i have with a laptop of a friend, and i thnk it has a burrner, so i could potentialy burn a copy of the recovery disk, but i don't have a blank disk with me or know where to get one where i'm at the moment.

p.s 2
sorry for the horrible spelling mistakes

Last edited by Tomerico; 20-Aug-2012 at 08:14 AM..
Dell-Kris Dell-Kris is offline Dell-Kris has a Profile Picture
Dell Representative with 136 posts.

21-Aug-2012, 11:23 AM #2
Hi Tomerico,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. More often the STOP: 0x000000ED BSOD means a hard drive failure . Try running the hardware diagnostics and see if it shows any errors. You can follow the instructions from http://support.dell.com/support/topi...t?docid=514508

Regards,
Dell-Kris K
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!