Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Computer shutting down while running 2 programs

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Aug-2012, 02:28 AM #1
Computer shutting down while running 2 programs
After playing Diablo2 or Counter-Strike Global Offensive for any length of time my computer attempts to shut down. It closes the game and prompts to wait for steam to close or force it to shut down. I then click cancel to prevent it from shutting down. I viewed the event log and it tell me my attempt to restart or turn off the computer failed. Im not sure why just these two games seem to attempt to shut down my computer. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I originally thought it was just Diablo2 not being compatible with windows7, but CSGO just came out and I dont have any problem with other valve games including the first two counter strike games.

Here are my computer specs if it helps:

- AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
- ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
-Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity -COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W ATX12V v2.31 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
-1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
- 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!