Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

netbook really slow

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

30-Aug-2012, 01:03 PM #1
netbook really slow
my hp mini 110 netbook is unusually slow, especially the internet and/or opening applications such as microsoft office. When I open new webpages it freezes for about a minute and I'm unable to scroll down. Same thing happens when I try to open new mail. There also seems to be a lag when I type. The letters are slow to appear. I've tried connecting to different wifi networks in different locations but even when I have excellent signal strength everything runs extremely slow. Opening applications in microsoft (starter) is also EXTREMELY SLOW. On average it takes around 45 seconds to open a document and another 45 seconds to print or save. My computer is Windows 7 Starter. Any suggestions?
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,438 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Aug-2012, 01:48 PM #2
The HP Mini 110 series netbook has over 100 models, so we need to determine the exact model you have.

Look at the sticker and advise us what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on it is.

---------------------------------------------------------

How much RAM does it have?

Go to Start - Run - MSCONFIG - OK - "Startup" tab.

How many entries in the "Startup Item" column have a checkmark next to them?

Member with 2 posts.

30-Aug-2012, 02:54 PM #3
sorry for the delay, didn't see your response. one thing i forgot to mention is I keep getting a message accross the top of my screen that says a plug in ( shockwave flash) isn't responding. then a button that says cancel.
my computer is hp mini 110-3135dx. I looked up the specs for it and next to memory it says 1GB DDR2 System Memory (1 DIMM).
There are 10 things checked in the startup column
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,438 posts.

Experience: Advanced
31-Aug-2012, 09:44 AM #4
Here is the support and software site for the HP Mini 110-3135dx netbook.

According to its product specifications section, it has an Intel Atom N455 1.66 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM and Intel GMA 3150 integrated graphics(256 MB of video memory).

It supports a maximum of 1 GB of RAM, so there's no option to add more RAM.

Because it's running Windows 7 Starter Edition with only 1 GB of RAM(minus what the integrated graphics uses), you can't expect it to have the speed and performance and to perform the functions of a higher end computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see what's auto-starting and running in the background.

Go to Start - Run - MSCONFIG - OK - "Startup" tab.

Write down ONLY the names in the "Startup Item" column that have a checkmark next to them.

If the "Startup Item" column isn't wide enough to see the entire name of any of them, widen the column.

Submit those names here in a vertical list.

Make sure to spell them EXACTLY as you see them there.

--------------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!