Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Emachine ET-1331g-05w Factory Reset Error

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
06-Oct-2012, 09:23 PM #1
Emachine ET-1331g-05w Factory Reset Error
Hey Guys,

I am hoping you can help me out. Recently I got malware on my computer and it has been reeking havoc! I got my ET1331g-05w from Walmart about 2 years ago, and it did not come with a boot disk out of the box (Had a chance to make one then but didn't...) I have backed up all my files and have been trying to do a Factory Reset but can't seem to get it to work. The Malware has made it so I cannot do a System Restore to an earlier date...

When I try to use the Emachine Recovery Management tools, the second I hit the "Completely Restore System to Factory Default" button I get a pop-up stating "Hard drive configuration is not set to the factory default. Restore aborted"...

When I try rebooting and hit Alt + F10 at the Manufacturers Logo it starts loading the System Recovery Tool, but stops and gives an error message stating "Napp_KM: napp7.exe error" and has error code: 0X 10054162 and prompts me to Abort...

I can't seem to find a boot-able Emachine Windows 7 downloadable disk anywhere. I should note the computer is for the most part fully functional but slower than snot, and video game and video playback has become very choppy if not usable at all!

I really don't want to go spend $100-$200 to get a new copy of Windows 7, I just want to get this dang thing reset to Factory Configuration.

Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated!
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
06-Oct-2012, 09:51 PM #2
Just an update, I did find a way to purchase a recovery disk from Emachines.com, all you need to do is go to the link below and enter you SNID. The cost is $20.00, so I am hoping you guys have another solution.

Web Address: http://us-store.emachines.com/rcd/

Please let me know if you have other solutions, or I will just purchase a copy next week.

Thank you
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

07-Oct-2012, 12:07 AM #3
Buy the disks. Reinstall.
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,540 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Oct-2012, 11:53 AM #4
You're lucky the recovery disc kit for that eMachines desktop is available for purchase, and for only $20.00.

If the hard drive fails and needs to be replaced, you'll need it to get that desktop going again.

------------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
et1331g-05w, factory reset, malware

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!