Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows 7 Errors

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Beginner
08-Feb-2013, 09:40 PM #1
Windows 7 Errors
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16355 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 693075 MB, Free - 351384 MB; D: Total - 715403 MB, Free - 166329 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., SAMSUNG_NP1234567890
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

I've been getting a few odd messages in eventviewer, but kind of ignored them. Recently my backups have been failing for various reasons, and google voice call phone feature hasn't worked. I need to go in manually to my appdata folder for google talk and activate the plug-in. I've also noticed my mouse lags for a bit after closing internet explorer and a few other times, but it only lasts a few seconds. I just take it as an indication of an issue. I know applications sometimes crash for whatever reason, but I've noticed in general they are less stable recently. My biggest issue is, my computer used to start up in a few second, and now it hangs a bit after I log in. I'll post the logs I have in event viewer, I did SFC /scannow and it came up with now errors. I did delete everything in my temp folder after I got a "virus" really it was a file that AVG didn't like. My system is clean, I scan regularly and the temp folder was emptied completely.

Back up errors:
Code:
The backup was not successful. The error is: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002).
Code:
The backup operation that started at '‎2013‎-‎02‎-‎09T00:36:06.099431200Z' has failed with following error code '2147942402' (The system cannot find the file specified.). Please review the event details for a solution, and then rerun the backup operation once the issue is resolved.
Example application error:
Code:
The program firefox.exe version 18.0.2.4780 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 1ca8
 Start Time: 01ce062529accebd
 Termination Time: 9
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
 Report Id: 229c72c5-7238-11e2-96cc-c485080428af
Code:
Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 6.1.7601.17567, time stamp: 0x4d672ee4
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec4aa8e
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c40f2
Faulting process id: 0x1264
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce065cdd628dce
Faulting application path: C:\windows\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: a0b0ee91-7252-11e2-a411-c485080428af
Code:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\Installer\{AF7EBCA4-9FAF-4DC8-8D09-67854BB84D34}\recordingmanager.exe". Dependent Assembly rpshellextension.1.0,language="*",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Google Plug-in errors:
Code:
Product: Google Talk Plugin -- Error 1714. The older version of Google Talk Plugin cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group.  System Error 1612.
Code:
Application or service 'Plugin Container for Firefox' could not be shut down.

System errors:

Code:
The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because of an IO failure on volume C:.
Code:
The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error: 
The system cannot find the file specified.
Code:
The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

Any help with any issues would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm throwing a bit out at the same time, but they all started together and I feel they are connected. As I understand it, iaStor0 is a common error that can be ignored, the rest are kind of concerning. My computer is the samsung series 7 gamer and is relatively new.
Computer Specs
Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Beginner
08-Feb-2013, 10:39 PM #2
The "The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because of an IO failure on volume C:." error causes the mouse lag I've found, not sure how to fix it though, got google plug-in fixed with some playing around, just needed to have the microsoft uninstall tool do it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!