Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HELP!! Only Safari browser working. ;

(!)

Member with 5 posts.

24-Mar-2013, 03:05 AM #1
HELP!! Only Safari browser working. ;
Ok, I tried to open Internet explorer and all i get is the page cannot be displayed error, and the samething with firefox.. this was'nt always the case up until recently .. when i try to run network diagnostics i get error code 0x80070002, please please im begging you help because even when i try to open my online game it doesnt seem to be connecting to the internet either..
Member with 5 posts.

24-Mar-2013, 12:03 PM #2
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/22/2013, 12:01:32
Machine name: R3NTON-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130104-1435)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP G62 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3834MB RAM
Page File: 1424MB used, 6243MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
Computer Specs
Member with 191 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Mar-2013, 01:55 PM #3
Have you tried a system restore to a point before this started? (always go for the easy, simple solution first) Run your malware scans also for sure and anti- virus.
Member with 5 posts.

24-Mar-2013, 02:20 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianacarnie View Post
Have you tried a system restore to a point before this started? (always go for the easy, simple solution first) Run your malware scans also for sure and anti- virus.
O've tried but the restore points arn't far back enough before the problem occured Yes I've done scans on regcure and
superantispyware.. .
Computer Specs
Member with 191 posts.

24-Mar-2013, 03:09 PM #5
FIRST thing you need to do is GET RID OF regcure. Its probably screwed your system up beyond repair. Try running an sfc/scannow to see if Windows can repair the damage done by that piece of crap. If not a repair install or a complete reinstallation will be required.

I've seen more problems caused by this ......program, and I use that term loosely here and others like it than I even want to think about. Normal users DO NOT need any of those "registry cleaners" at all. Snake oil is a compliment for these things, criminal is a better description. The registry is a very delicate thing and normal users NEVER need to touch it. Period.
Computer Specs
Member with 191 posts.

24-Mar-2013, 03:16 PM #6
http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

You can go there (link) to see if microsofts fixit can help with your windows update problems. (your error code)
Member with 5 posts.

24-Mar-2013, 03:40 PM #7
Ok, i removed regcure and im currently running sfc/scannow.

When i try to open the fix it program i get an error code saying "We're sorry. but the program encountered an error trying to contact the server. Please try again later.
[Code 80072efd]

i get an simmilar error when i try to run network diagnostics.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

[results]
C:\Users\r3nton>sfc/scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Users\r3nton>

Last edited by R3nton; 24-Mar-2013 at 03:45 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 191 posts.

24-Mar-2013, 03:47 PM #8
Well, it looks like your system is screwed. Try again after the sfc/scannow is finished. Run it three times in a row, rebooting after each scan. If you STILL can't access the sites/windows update then you'll need to do a repair install. You DO have rescue disks made , correct?
Member with 5 posts.

24-Mar-2013, 04:13 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianacarnie View Post
Well, it looks like your system is screwed. Try again after the sfc/scannow is finished. Run it three times in a row, rebooting after each scan. If you STILL can't access the sites/windows update then you'll need to do a repair install. You DO have rescue disks made , correct?
Still the same. I do not have a rescue disk and i really wanted to refrain from going back to factory settings .. well
even doing that will be hard atm because my laptop is currently hooked up to my plasma and it only shows once i get to windows logon screen. When i try to reformat i cant see anything on my screen so i dont know what to press.

wish there was some other way ,, i dont really care if ie doesn't work i just wanna be able to play my mmo but ever
since ie went down it wont let me get into the game anymore.and i downloaded chrome / firefox and neither work only safari still
Computer Specs
Member with 191 posts.

24-Mar-2013, 04:20 PM #10
Well, hate to tell you this but since you don't have the disk's for a repair install, a factory reset is probably your only option. That or a clean install. I learned my lesson a long time ago about those crapware "registry cleaners/optimizers", so I guess you can just chalk this up to experience. Sorry.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!