Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How do I enable jit debugging? I am lost

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 8 posts.

Experience: getting that way slowly
10-Jan-2010, 06:16 PM #1
Question How do I enable jit debugging? I am lost
I have googled this and came up mostly tutorials for this problem with visual studio. I do not have visual studio that's over my head. That tells you to open open tools menu and click options. There is not options in my tools menu. Another site says this
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jit debugging="true"/>
</configuration>
That is all good but I have no idea on how or where to input this information. Could somebody please help me. I am still learning and this is driving me crazy. Tutorials only help if they start from a point I understand. I would be extremely gratefull if somebody could walk me through enabling jit debugging on my windows 7 pc. Please use my e-mail if you could help
Senior Member with 1,899 posts.

Experience: General
11-Jan-2010, 12:28 PM #2
This information relates to Microsoft Visual Studio. If the application you are running was created using Microsoft Visual Studio then this error will occur occasionally when the code encounters a problem.
Computer Specs

11-Jan-2010, 06:14 PM #3
Red face Response to jit debugging answer you've posted
I don't have visual studio. I keep finding all my searches to be linked to this solution. Unless windows 7 has home premium has visual studio hidden somewhere I do not know of, there must be another way. But I had tried downloading it and it took hours to install it was huge. I tried going into the tools menu enabling jit debugging. it didn't help. Still got the error. So I unistalled it. After trying a couple other things I ended up restoring my computer to factory defaults. Please tell me there is another way.
Computer Specs

11-Jan-2010, 06:21 PM #4
this is at the end of my error message I don't know how to go about doing this
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

12-Jan-2010, 05:40 AM #5
If a Microsoft Visual Studio application encounters an unhandled error outside of the debugging enviroment, then you will recieve this error. If you have the source code for the program, recompile the source with JIT enabled. If you do not then either reinstall the program or check for updates.
Computer Specs

12-Jan-2010, 08:41 AM #6
I don't have visual studio. I don't even know what visual studio is for to be quite honest. Nor would I know how to recompile a source code. I can try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. So this bebugging enviroment only exists in visual studio? Why do I get this error if I don't have visual studio?

12-Jan-2010, 11:39 AM #7
Visual Studio is an IDE created by Microsoft. The options to enable JIT only exist in Visual studio. If a program created using Visual Studio encounters an unhandled error outside of the debugging enviroment, a JIT message will appear, unless it has been enabled when the program was built.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

13-Jan-2010, 12:03 AM #8
Can you provide more details on what you're trying to do? Are you trying to fix a program you wrote? Or are you getting an error message when trying to run a program? If so, what's the program, and what is the exact error?

I think you're headed in the wrong direction, and the terminology you're using is confusing the issue. You can't "debug" a program you didn't write or are not modifying. My guess is that you're seeing a strange or obscure error trying to run a program.
Computer Specs

13-Jan-2010, 12:49 AM #9
Thanx for the help
I was totaly misinterpreting the error message I believe. I believe what I have is a bad copy of an application that I got of a website. Unfortunately I paid thirty dollars for it. To go into details of what this program is would be a breach of terms of Tech Support Guy Forums. I will respect that. Nothing terrible but still falls into that catergory. I am still realy new to a lot of this tech talk, though I am eager and slighthly OCD when I hit a wall. I would be thrilled if you'd like to further assist. nightshadoww@yahoo.com I may want to bring other issues to the table later on this site and do not want to be banned so I won't give the name of the specific app on this forum.
Computer Specs

13-Jan-2010, 12:58 AM #10
It's all just part of a learning process. I've never taken classes. I've got to find things that interest me to find drive to excell
Computer Specs

13-Jan-2010, 01:25 AM #11
but here is the error does this sound like I'm on the right plane of thought?
Unhandled exception has occured in your application-blah blah
Unable to loadDLL"???????.dll": the specific module could not be found.
[exception result from Hresult:0x8007007E]. then it proceeds to tell me to enable jit debuggiing. I thought that was a fix. Now I think that is more or less something that detects bad or malfuntioned apps and redirects them to maybe a update or repair solution. Am I correct or even close? Any Ideas? I would still appreciate some input to help me understand this error. what do you think?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

13-Jan-2010, 01:14 PM #12
The program is faulty. Since you didn't write it and don't have the source code for it, there's nothing for you to debug. You're simply seeing the operating system's response to an application error. You'll have to contact the seller or company about the problem or for support. You can't fix a program's bad code.

If this program does violate the rules of this site, I'm not surprised it's faulty, and you're not likely going to get this resolved. Unfortunately, you also lost money. I also hope you have very good security software installed since utilities with less than legal purposes frequently contain malware that can wreak havoc on a system.
Computer Specs

13-Jan-2010, 02:59 PM #13
that's what I figured
Can't trust nothing online. Yeah I had restore system after trying to download a couple free versions of the program. I'm gonna lay that one to rest
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!