Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Win 7 and HP Solution Center

(!)

Member with 1,938 posts.

20-Jan-2010, 08:42 PM #1
Solved: Win 7 and HP Solution Center
I had this working once...trying to use HP Solution Center to scan to my printer. I had a heck of a time getting this to work but with HP's help (ah hem) I got it. Now all of a sudden HP Solution Center will not work, it says it did not install properly. I am trying to get on HP's chat but it won't work...anyone else have this problem? I know I had to paste some file into some folder somehwere...but can't remember what I need to do and HP is unavailable.
Senior Member with 1,275 posts.

21-Jan-2010, 12:17 AM #2
have 2 win7 pcs - HPSC installed fine on one - will not install on the other - same problem as yours.
I am able to use the scanner though by manually running hpiscnapp.exe in the HP\Digital Imaging\bin\ folder.
Member with 1,938 posts.

22-Jan-2010, 10:38 AM #3
I am going to try to get on chat with them to fix this, I had them both working before. It is just frustrating and emailing HP is usually not the best way to fix a problem.
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

22-Jan-2010, 02:45 PM #4
There's nothing available to download for the printer and OS?
Member with 1,938 posts.

22-Jan-2010, 02:49 PM #5
That is the tricky part, apparently there is some compatibility issue with Win 7 and I had to download a dll file and paste it into a bin folder, that made it work the first time. I am on chat with HP right now
Member with 2,984 posts.

Experience: Advanced
23-Jan-2010, 11:31 AM #6
HP's software just plan blows. I could never get it to work properly in XP and didn't even try in 7. I simply gave my HP the float test and bought an Epson which works perfectly. When I did use the HP, it was a wireless unit. I didn't even bother to install the HP software, just went to the printer directly via the IP address in my browser and all the functions to scan and copy were there. But, did you know there is a hidden utility on some HP disks and I think you can download it from HP that removes all instances of HP software including registry entries? Using this utility will maybe allow you to install the HPSC on a computer where it wouldn't before. I can't recall the name of the utility.
Member with 1,938 posts.

23-Jan-2010, 05:23 PM #7
This printer is still in good shape so making it work is a necessity. HP had me do a level 3 uninstall that worked perfectly, I re installed the software and now it works. It is quirky for certain!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!