Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: The Properties for this item are not available

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Mar-2010, 02:55 PM #1
Exclamation Solved: The Properties for this item are not available
I have Windows 7 32bit. This problem just showed up about one month ago. I have been running Win7 for two and a half months. When I start the computer and the computer finishes booting, the desktop has a small error window open with a message in the box saying: The properties for this item are not available. I don't know where to start to find the problem. In the upper left corner of the box it does say Desktop. I tried booting to safe mode and the error message is not there. I have a picture of the box captured by using the snipping tool. I can't get any information on the box by right or left clicking it. What should I try next to to stop this box from appearing? If I click ok the box goes away and as far as I can tell everything is fine. Also, I did a sfc /scannow and the report was all file accounted for. I have been reviewing logs but so far I have not found the error message listed. This message appears evertime I start or reboot the computer. No other times.
Here is a picture of the message box:

http://cid-7635f8c3073be041.skydrive...ge/Capture.JPG

Any suggestions to get rid of this message would be wonderful.
Computer Specs

Experience: Advanced
17-Mar-2010, 09:11 PM #2
same problem ...
I actually have the same exact problem. I've had it for probably two months now, and I haven't been able to find anything on it. The laptop works perfectly fine after I dismiss the window, but it's just an annoyance to have the window pop up everytime I boot the pc.

Were you able to resolve the problem?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan
Computer Specs

Experience: Intermediate
20-Mar-2010, 12:18 PM #3
I did find my problem. A guy over at freepctech.com suggested I check my startup folder and there it was. A leftover folder from removing a program. My startup was at C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
I hope you find it.
Computer Specs

Experience: Advanced
22-Mar-2010, 09:30 AM #4
problem solved - thanks
Thanks Dave!

That was it. Problem solved.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
windows 7 error

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!