Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows 7 Graphics Driver Upgrade

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

06-Apr-2010, 01:37 PM #1
Windows 7 Graphics Driver Upgrade
Hi guys, thanks for clicking on this post.

I have recently bought a new laptop, with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I know there is an upgraded version of the graphics driver, I tried to get the upgrade from the intel website and that didn't work as I had an error I can't remember, but I remember it said to go to the computer manufacturer. So I went to the Compaq website which directed me to the HP website where I navigated to the right area for the correct graphics driver.
I downloaded this item, it said minimum requirements are to have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 version, which is what I have, but when I go to install the software it tells me that I do not meet the minimum requirements...

its a compaq presario 420sa
all I need is an upgrade from Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family Driver 8.15.10.1883 to 8.15.10.2086 but I cant find where to get this

I have found out that I can not get one from the Intel site as I can not install a generic driver as this is blocked or something. But from the manufacturers website they do not have the upgraded driver, only the one I currently have.
Member with 11,761 posts.

06-Apr-2010, 01:42 PM #2
Howdy,

Why do you need the driver....is something not working properly?

06-Apr-2010, 01:51 PM #3
Well mostly for the gaming side of things
I know its not a gaming laptop but if there's an upgraded driver then it'll surely run better, and look better hopefully. So I just needed it for that

06-Apr-2010, 01:56 PM #4
Did you go to the HP site and use Start Detection as there is 2 models PC under that Name you gave driver dated 09/2009

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

06-Apr-2010, 03:08 PM #5
I did not! but ill go see if I can do that now, thanks. Ill let you know the result

07-Apr-2010, 01:16 AM #6
when I went there, the button was not there to be clicked.. it said I might need firefox to view the button, so I got that, and still nothing, been trying to upgrade my driver for a while now, and its just getting really annoying lol
Member with 53 posts.

07-Apr-2010, 02:22 AM #7
Hi,
I don't think you need Upgrade any Graphics Driver now.

Thanks

07-Apr-2010, 11:34 AM #8
Regardless of whether I NEED to upgrade it, its something that I would like to happen, so I would like some advice on how to do this, so I would appreciate it if you could only reply if you have some information on how I can achieve this, as I did not ask for someone to tell me whether I need it or not.

07-Apr-2010, 11:44 AM #9
Like I said you have 2 models.....Check in Device Manager and see what Graphics card it Mentioned and what date the driver is...that should help us.

Go Start>>right click Computer>>Properties>>Device Manager on the left

Click the arrow beside Display Adapters and see what it is and then double click on it and then Driver tab and post what your graphics adapter is and what date the driver says in your next post.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
compaq, driver, graphics, manufacturer, upgrade

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!