Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Music saved in "Access Denied" Folder

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-May-2010, 01:34 AM #1
Music saved in "Access Denied" Folder
So i am lookin at my itunes library and i wanted to see where all the songs were that were NOT downloaded through itunes. I only have a few that werent because i recently formatted my hdd and installed windows 7. I transfered a few songs over and they are in itunes now. What confuses me now is that these songs are located in C:/documents and settings/.../my music/... and i cannot access this folder. Now i did a quick googling about the issue, and i get the idea that they are "junction points" and dont really exist.

So my question i guess is how in the hell did i transfer songs to a "junction point" that doesnt exist? im pretty sure these songs were transfered using a wireless network(which was a pain in the *** in itself to figure out with the "sharing" and what not) i honestly dont remember how i did it, but i THINK i did these that way. Actually now that i think about it, i could have just replaced my library with a saved itunes library file which i did and that ended up giving me a bunch of songs in my itunes library that could not be found. Understandably because they arent on this fresh HDD. But either way THESE few songs in question ARE on the hdd.. supposedly in My documents but that cannot be possible right? isnt My documents just a pointer to a different location on the hdd? if so why doesnt it show me the ACTUAL location. Is there anyway to find the ACTUAL location? And not only that, but it seems the ONLY way i can get to these song files is by right clicking them in itunes and doing the "show in explorer" option.

Anyway im going to stop now, any clarification on how any of this stuff works would be helpful... i dont like the idea of having my files labeled as being somewhere that doesnt exist..
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,126 posts.

10-May-2010, 06:32 AM #2
Look in C:\Users\[your_name]\My Music.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
access denied, music, my documents, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!