Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

nvlddmkm.sys TDR BSOD's

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 35 posts.

Experience: Advanced
25-Jun-2010, 02:34 AM #16
I just pulled out my video card, to RMA it... The two 6.3v 1500Mf capacitors were busted and leaked.

Check your card to see if there is any physical damage done to any capacitors/resistors...
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 14 posts.

Experience: Coder
02-Aug-2010, 05:48 PM #17
Hi,

I have given in... it was driving me nuts! I am using a temporary card now, I am using an ATI card now and I get no bluescreens. I suppose this doesnt mean that my card was to blame but its a fix either way, just got a new job and dont have the time to do this. Although I am now getting strange and untimely "page fault in non paged area" bsod, which is strange. So I recon this is a MB/RAM compatability, as i have alot of ram, borrowed some off my friend and still get the bsod (same manufacturer). When googling for the original nvlddmkm.sys bsod it seems to be a trend with the asus p5 series motherboards, so avoid them at all costs!

My GC manufacture wont respond to numerous RMA request and my memory isnt to blame really. I am buying a new GC soon with my next pay cheque, problem is. If this stupid error occures then I think I might throw my really expensive PC out the window. Any advice on a good, reliable and stable manufacturer of GC? Also is it best to wait for this 3D crap to start properly so the normal cards go on sale?

Any decent mother boards i could get so i can take out 3 birds with one stone?
1) remove the haterid of my motherboard
2) fill my huge (extended) pc case
3) fix the ram errors (maybe)

I am almost at the point of replacing (yes replacing) everything on the computer which could cause the a massive drop in my savings, which I dont like to touch.

Thanks all, some great help you guys have given.
Fletch
Junior Member with 1 posts.

26-Aug-2010, 02:30 PM #18
Hi guys,

I have the same exact problem. Some days it'll boot up fine, but on some cranky days, it'll just BSOD and reboot again and again. Im currently stuck in the loop and I was wondering if you guys happen to be running SLi or anything? I have 2 9800GTs in SLi and I'm pretty sure its an Nvidia issue.
Computer Specs
Member with 264 posts.

26-Aug-2010, 06:03 PM #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3phoenix View Post
Hi guys,

I have the same exact problem. Some days it'll boot up fine, but on some cranky days, it'll just BSOD and reboot again and again. Im currently stuck in the loop and I was wondering if you guys happen to be running SLi or anything? I have 2 9800GTs in SLi and I'm pretty sure its an Nvidia issue.

Could we get the DMP files to analyze?

We really need the actual DMP file.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Sep-2010, 03:37 AM #20
I have this exact same problem as well! I think it is a problem with my graphics card. But this 8800GTS does not have any leaked capacitor caps. Nevertheless I uploaded my minidumps hope someone might know something.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Minidump.zip (232.2 KB, 12 views)
Computer Specs
Member with 245 posts.

19-Sep-2010, 05:44 AM #21
When did the problem start happening? Was it before or after nVidia released a new graphics driver, on September 11?

Remove Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%/whever other ISO program you're using, as it is using SPTD:
Code:
aj8fu9ee.SYS Wed Apr 07 21:00:30 2010 (4BBD2AAE)
spic.sys     Wed Apr 07 21:28:24 2010 (4BBD3138)
Remove SPTD with this tool when you're done: http://www.duplexsecure.com/download...t-v174-x86.exe

...Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

BugCheck 116, {8c6bb008, 940f30fe, 0, 2}
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ee0fe )
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
BugCheck 116, {8cfdb008, 940f90fe, 0, 2}
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
BugCheck 116, {8cbf3008, 94aee0fe, 0, 2}
BugCheck 116, {8a731008, 944ef0fe, 0, 2}
BugCheck 124, {0, 8cce53f0, f2000040, 800}
Probably caused by : hardware
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Sep-2010, 05:48 AM #22
i have changed my graphics card to a 275gtx and it works fine now, no artefacts/hangs at all. I tried several different drivers and it is still the same, so I don't think drivers are the cause. Furthermore it occurred all of a sudden. Seems like my graphics card is spoilt after all. But if I ever get the chance to put in back my 8800GTS I will remove that/reformat and see how it goes. Hope this helps someone else.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!