Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Putty Crashing on Windows 7

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

26-May-2010, 02:41 PM #1
Putty Crashing on Windows 7
Hey everyone. First-time poster. I'm having the same issue as was reported in this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/...ing-xterm.html . In my case, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, and besides Putty I'm only using Xming, but the crash is the same. There doesn't seem to be any particular thing that sets it off, at least that I can figure out -- sometimes it occurs when I'm using a program external to the putty shell, sometimes it will freeze as I'm typing something in Putty, and other times I'll have it open, switch over to a different window (checking email, etc), and when I look back Putty has frozen. Sometimes it will report it as a crash (with the useless messages reported in the other thread), but often it just freezes and I'm forced to shut it down through Task Manager (though occasionally it will freeze, but when I close it via the close button, vs. typing "exit", it will close fine).

I had been using Windows Vista on this machine and upgraded. Putty and Xming both worked bug-free previously, so it would seemingly have something to do with Windows 7. Any thoughts?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
putty, windows 7 32-bit, xming

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!