Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Klim6.sys "Blue Screen of Death" Boo kaspersky

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

25-Jun-2010, 02:49 AM #1
Solved: Klim6.sys "Blue Screen of Death" Boo kaspersky
I can't access the windows at all. so I'm restricted to the recovery options that includes System Restore (apparently I got none, so that's out of option), CMD, etc.

Well I deleted the Klim6.sys in a improper way I guess (immediately deleted the file and the folder that contains it), so I'm left with the rest of the files in KasperSky Lab in my C:\program files (x86).

So I'm guessing I have to somehow uninstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 with cmd. Either that, or allowing me to bypass the blue screen of death with enough time for me to remove Kaspersky once for all. Yeah, I'm stuck.

Solved
If you got this kind of problem, then follow the steps below in safe mode (During safe mode, it might take around 10-20 mins for it to load until you reach the login screen)
1. Install Revo Uninstaller
2. Uninstall Kaspersky
3. Check System32/drivers folder for Klim6.sys and Kl1.sys, then delete them. (I removed all of the Kaspersky files during this step.)

4. You're done. Go restart.

Another problem arrives (for me mostly): Mouse (usb and touchpad) stop moving (and clicking) after failing to configure windows updates.
Device status for both: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).
edit 2: did used some registry programs during the Klim6.sys thing...

Last edited by Kenny108; 25-Jun-2010 at 08:51 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
blue, death, klim6, screen, windows

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!