Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows 7 64-bit BSODs ky.sys

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Jul-2010, 06:22 AM #1
Windows 7 64-bit BSODs ky.sys
For the past couple of days I've been getting blue screens, they've all happened while I'm playing games (different ones). Stated probable cause by each one has been ky.sys (at least, that's what has appeared on the actual blue screen).

No recent hardware changes or software installations. I updated graphics card drivers after the second occured, to no avail. Dumps included in .zip file.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rrdumps.zip (73.0 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by RexRox; 27-Jul-2010 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: No formatting (forgot to enable JS)
Computer Specs
Member with 410 posts.

Experience: Programmer/Web Developer
27-Jul-2010, 09:18 AM #2
I will have a look at these dumps and let you know.

Edit: Okay it looks like it may be related to sound - what is the manufacturer of your sound hardware?
You may try updating the drivers on this.

Edit 2: Further debugging turns up audiodg.exe

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR:  0xD1

PROCESS_NAME:  audiodg.exe

Last edited by Nick Tompson; 27-Jul-2010 at 10:11 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!