Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

DPC value spiking due to driver

(!)

Member with 27 posts.

30-Jul-2010, 12:40 PM #1
DPC value spiking due to driver
Hi,
I am running windows 7 64bit and my atheros AR5B93 wireless network adapter driver is causing my DPC value to jump every now and then. Not sure exactly what DPC value is but i downloaded a free reader because im using something like an external soundcard but for recording songs. There forum said if the dpc value is too high it will make the sound i record popy and crackly, which is exactly what was happening. If i disable the driver the DPC value dosent spike however I can no longer use the internet, which is a inconvenience. So how do i get the driver to work without causing DPC spikes, ive downloaded the latest driver, ive contacted atheros, they say acer is their customer not me, and the acer technical support is located in india and they cannot understand what im talking about.

I know this is a rare problem and it is a bit challenging but some people like challenges
Thanks for your help,
Cody
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,472 posts.

30-Jul-2010, 01:22 PM #2
Do you have the latest wireless driver from Acer's web site?
Member with 27 posts.

30-Jul-2010, 06:35 PM #3
Im pretty sure I am, im using 9.1.0.100 released 5/2010
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!