Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows has encountered an error and needs to restart

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

09-Aug-2010, 11:28 PM #1
Windows has encountered an error and needs to restart
I am on a laptop since i cannot get my desktop to go online. everytime i turn it on. it comes up with a message saying
Windows has encountered an error and needs to restart. Please save your work.
the only time it doesnt do that is when i unplug the ethernet cable from the router. i have scanned everything and every file.
Nothing works. please help
Computer Specs
Member with 5,752 posts.

10-Aug-2010, 12:49 AM #2
First step, try a System Restore ( Start button, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore )
Junior Member with 3 posts.

10-Aug-2010, 04:08 PM #3
Tried that wont work at all. It just keeps looping the same message. then it restarts in 1 min.
btw it was actually Windows has encountered a critical error and will restart in 1 min. sorry about
that
Computer Specs
Member with 5,752 posts.

10-Aug-2010, 07:52 PM #4
Try System Restore in Safe Mode. Press F8 repeatedly on boot to access Safe Mode.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!