Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: *.txt files keep opening with the registry by default.

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

17-Aug-2010, 09:19 PM #1
Solved: *.txt files keep opening with the registry by default.
For some reason, all my .txt files open with the registry by default.

I absolutely do not want this.

I can't change it, either. When I right click on a .txt file, and go to "Open With..." and select "Notepad," the check box at the bottom which says to open this program by default is disabled. How can I either enable the button or change the default open with program?

I looked in the registry under .txt extensions and the registry says it's opening with notepad, but it's not. It asks for permission to access the registry when I double-click a .txt file.

Help. D:
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
file, problem, registry, text

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!