Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows 7 will not recognize my Canon d320 printer, Vista

(!)

Junior Member with 7 posts.

06-Sep-2010, 11:30 AM #1
Windows 7 will not recognize my Canon d320 printer, Vista
Windows 7, new upgrade from Vista 64, will not recognize my printer, Canon image class D320. The installation disk is for Vista 64. I searched Canon and it is not available there. The printer is older model. I also looked at Driver Whiz & Driver Fetch. They only have drivers for Vista, XP.

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS OF HOW I CAN INSTALL THE PRINTER TO USE IT? I PREFER TO NOT BUY ANOTHER LASER PRINTER. This printer works fine on Vista. Thanks.

Also, I have found that many items do not work with Windows which worked with Vista. I do not even have Word. Microsoft is charging $139 for Word. I have numerous Word documents that I must be able to access. I do not like any of the other text programs that are available, particularly notepad. I presumed that WORD & WORKS would be included with Windows 7. Guess MICROSOFT NEEDS THE MONEY to sell word at $139.

Thanks.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 11,039 posts.

Experience: Advanced
06-Sep-2010, 01:20 PM #2
Get yourself a box of Office 2007 or 2010 Home and Student edition, for about $150 US. It is good for 3 machines under your household control and contains, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNotes.

Microsoft has NEVER provided Works or Word with their OS, the OEM's have on their machines.

As for the drivers go to http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...ersAndSoftware and make sure that you download and install the 64 bit if you are running Windows 7 64 bit.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,618 posts.

06-Sep-2010, 02:27 PM #3
Microsoft makes Word Viewer available free.

If you need something free that can write .doc files try OpenOffice.
Computer Specs
Member with 273 posts.

Experience: Some Days Smart - Other D
06-Sep-2010, 09:36 PM #4
I just purchased a new computer with Windows 7. My four year old HP Photosmart Printer and four year old HP Scanner were not compatible with Windows 7. I was able to download drivers which allowed me to print and scan however the printer and scanner software were not useable and I could only perform basic printing/scanning.. As a result I had to purchase a new printer/scanner compatible with W7 even though bother were working perfectly with WXP. Many of my programs would not work with W7.

I also had to purchase Microsoft Word. Other posts have given an estimated cost of $150 however, I purchased the Microsoft Office Student/Home edition as Costco Wholesale for $119. Don't know if it is available at Sam's Club. You may not have either of these stores where you live.
Computer Specs
Member with 377 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Sep-2010, 11:51 PM #5
What I found will give you only the basics for printing and scanning.
I found the instructions on a canon web site.
Get on the Internet.
Turn your printer on and it may start searching for a
driver. My i560 searched and installed the driver without my help.
For my Canon Pixma IP 3000 I had to go to the Control Panel - Devices and Printers -
Right click the printer Icon that needed a driver and left click Trouble Shoot and follow directions to get it to Search. Click on Apply this fix.
Once the search has started do nothing until the driver is Installed.
If you have dial-up it may take several tries.
This also worked for my HP 3 in 1 printer, copier and
scanner.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!