Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My cursor moves independently

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

09-Sep-2010, 06:14 AM #1
My cursor moves independently
hi all,

Why does my cursor goes in the opposite way or the way it wants when i move somewhere? i use laptop touchpad,shall i make hijackthis? thanks

09-Sep-2010, 12:02 PM #2
why doesn t anybody help?
Account Disabled with 1,906 posts.

Experience: Between Vast & Half-Vast
09-Sep-2010, 08:33 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by asduskun View Post
why doesn t anybody help?
For starters, you don't tell us anything useful about your laptop. It would help to know some information such as brand, model, operating system, general condition of the machine (is the track pad damaged, any new software installed lately?). The majority of problems with flaky track pads are simply due to not having the correct drivers installed. That's usually a simple fix, but without more system info, we can't do much. Sorry not to be more responsive, but the quality of help you get is often related to the quality of information you provide.

10-Sep-2010, 04:06 AM #4
ok then sorry, my laptop is toshiba a205 s4797 and operating system is win 7 and it s 3 year old machine that s i have been using it for three years, it s ok, working fine but i don t know why does this happen?
machv   (Neil) machv is offline machv has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 347 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Sep-2010, 11:06 AM #5
It seems to me that your touchpad is starting to go. Your laptop is 3yrs old after all. I had mine die too from the heat i had a broken LCD and used an external screen for a while till i got it replaced and i kept the lid closed which led to it overheating when i played games. You can try downloading an updated touchpad driver from Toshiba and see if that does anything or if you have it already then go into settings and see if you can reverse the controls so that it does the opposite movements which if you can do that would fix the problem until your touchpad finally has enough and gives up the ghost. Alternatively you could use an external mouse which would definitely solve the problem and if you are reluctant to use one because of the hassle of using one because of the confines when you are out and about with a laptop then get one of the ball mice that doesn't require you to physically move it to work. Let me know what happens and if this helped at all? Have a great day
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 11,328 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-Sep-2010, 11:20 AM #6
Since your laptop is 3 years old and Windows 7 has been out for littler over 2 years.

What OS did this machine come with, before upgrading to Windows 7?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!