Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Gmail notifier will not startup when i boot my computer

(!)

ROGER7721 ROGER7721 is offline ROGER7721 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 90 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
03-Dec-2010, 01:28 AM #1
Unhappy Solved: Gmail notifier will not startup when i boot my computer
I have a problem with gmail notifier not opening whenever i boot my computer up. It would not only not open, but it would disappear from the startup folder in "all programs" on my start menu. I have tried re-0installing gmail notifier in different versions to no avail. I would always have to open it manually after start-up. I don't like the newer versions of gmail notifier, and like the one i have always used version 1.0.25.0 which always used to work with my operating system but starting about 2 weeks ago, the problem started. I can never get it to open on startup, and it would disappear from my startup folder in my other programs library, no matter how many times i replace it it does not work and always disappears from the startup menu. Any suggestions my helpful friends, ty, roger
Computer Specs
Member with 51,993 posts.

03-Dec-2010, 01:36 AM #2
How are you setting it to start? If you are placing the shortcut manually in the Startup folder, the settings in the program itself relating to its startup may be overriding that placement and removing the shortcut.
Computer Specs
Member with 90 posts.

03-Dec-2010, 01:50 AM #3
Smile How do i add gmail notifier to startup menu
Hello elvandil, thank you for such a prompt reply, must have been only 15 seconds after i posted my problem.
I drag the shortcut from my "start menu" into "all programs" and add it to "startup". You could be right, i could be over riding gmails application but like i said, i reinstalled this application several times and should start automatically, but doesn't, any suggestions my friend, thank you, roger
Computer Specs
Member with 90 posts.

08-Jan-2011, 12:30 PM #4
Problem solved
Had windows re-installed due to an irrelevant major issue, re-installed gmail notifier, working ok, never found out what the original problem was, probably windows corrupted, which it was, missing files, because i became addicted to registry cleaners again, lol. I am not touching my registry for the rest of my life, i promise, thanks to all of you, roger
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!