Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows 7 keeps rebooting

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

03-Jan-2011, 10:54 AM #1
Windows 7 keeps rebooting
Hi,

Windows 7 keeps rebooting on it's own without the blue screen of death. It started when I started my computer this morning. I tried to watch Dexter using the Divx codec which then crashed Google Chrome which also ended up crashing my computer and rebooting it. I downloaded Divx yesterday.

I tried it again, it happened each time. So I uninstalled Divx, Google Chrome and Firefox using Revo, got rid of temp. files using CCleaner, cleaned the registry with CCleaner, ran virus scans, using malwarebyes, trojan remover, spyware terminator all in safe mode.

Got out of safe mode and it still continues to reboot.

I then ran a HiJack this scan, haven't seen anything suspcious.

It just recently rebooted while in Safe Mode.

I don't know what else to do besides reinstall Windows 7 or upgrade the Bios.

My next move is to sit and see if it will reboot again while it's disconnected from the power supply.

I need help, anyway to fix this
Member with 11,752 posts.

03-Jan-2011, 11:27 AM #2
Try reinstalling your Video card driver......or use System Restore to a date when it was working
Junior Member with 15 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Jan-2011, 11:11 AM #3
Remember Windows 7 has this wonderful feature called "restore point" which will restore your system to an older time when it was stable. This actually works well, (works well in Vista to) and can restore your system to a previously working state. You should be able to get to it from safe mode and restore your system to a point previous to you installing Divx.
Start
All Programs
Accessories
System Tools
System Restore
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
reboot, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!