Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Random letter types when I type

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

12-Jan-2011, 03:24 AM #1
Random letter types when I type
I am running Windows 7 and I have a problem. Hopefully someone can help me

Every time I press any keys, the letter k will show up randomly.
example: "Kmy computkekr acts weirdly sometkimes because this k lettker pops up whken i kdont typkek kit. it evkekn shows up when i press thke arrow keys. also, it happekns sometimes when i press backspace so instekad ofk deleting lekttekrs it adds the lettekr k to whkat i want to be deleting.K"

What should I do? its a major pain when I type, especially typing out this post because I need to backspace every couple of letters. Also, when I try to type passwords in.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,182 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Jan-2011, 03:46 AM #2
If this is a desktop computer, have you tried a different keyboard?

12-Jan-2011, 03:47 AM #3
i forgot to include, this is a netbook.
Senior Member with 3,791 posts.

12-Jan-2011, 06:16 AM #4

Is the K key free to move up and down? If it's partially stuck down it would explain a thing or two. If it's not that simple, a USB keyboard would prove whether or not the system is somehow at fault.

13-Jan-2011, 03:57 AM #5
update: i plugged an external keyboard in and it doesn't have the k problem. so i guess its my netbook's keyboard.
Senior Member with 3,791 posts.

13-Jan-2011, 07:20 AM #6
It's usually the toast crumbs wot dun it! Tip it upside down and pat it like you're burping a baby - and not much harder - that might reveal the offending blockage.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!