Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Create an association in the default programs control panel

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Jan-2011, 07:20 PM #1
Create an association in the default programs control panel
Have been using a Lenovo ThinkPad X200 with Windows 7 for some time. During the past week, the system has been preventing the opening of both files and folders. In particular, I use Dropbox. When I click on Dropbox from my Desktop, it shows up with the file list etc - when I click on a file or folder, the following message appears:
"THIS FILE DOES NOT HAVE A PROGRAM ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOR PERFORMING THIS ACTION. PLEASE INSTALL A PROGRAM, OR IF ONE IS ALREADY INSTALLED, CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE DEFAULT PROGRAMS CONTROL PANEL
Would much appreciate step-by-step instructions on how to resolve this problem as soon as possible as it giving me serious difficulties.
Many thanks.
David Gough
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,318 posts.

Experience: Advanced
15-Jan-2011, 07:44 PM #2
Try this fix: FolderFix

Unzip the fix and extract the .REG file to the Desktop. Right-click the .REG file and choose Merge. Note that you need to be an Administrator to apply this fix.

Reboot the computer.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

Please read instructions and questions carefully, and reply in a timely manner... Thank you.

Why don't you just Google it?
If your problem is solved, please click on the Mark Solved button.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!