Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Web pages too large for browser window

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Feb-2011, 01:06 AM #1
Unhappy Solved: Web pages too large for browser window
My wife has a Compaq Pressario CQ61. The other day, out of the blue, anything viewed through her browser overwhelms the browser window. Changing the size of the window does not help. I tried adjusting the resolution from the Control Panel. This did not help. I'm not sure what happened so for an amateur, it is challenging finding a remedy. We are running Windows 7. Please help, I would prefer not to have to do a system restore. Thank you in advance for your help.
Computer Specs
Member with 255 posts.

05-Feb-2011, 01:15 AM #2
Using Internet Explorer? Even if not, it sounds like it might be zoomed in. System restore might not even help, but if I'm right, there should be a simple solution. Try holding the Ctrl button and hitting the zero key while the browser is open (whether keypad or number row; either will work). If that doesn't work, try holding control and scrolling down while the browser is open.

The zoom controls for Internet Explorer should be in the lower right, and it'll be some kind of percentage. If I'm right, it'll be something greater than 100%, like 150% or 200%. Click on it and it'll return to normal, if the Ctrl+0 didn't work.

Last edited by adanedhel728; 05-Feb-2011 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: Clarifying
Computer Specs

05-Feb-2011, 01:20 AM #3
Control + 0 it is! Thank you SO much! Now I can have my laptop back and she can use hers again! What key combo would have caused this?
Computer Specs
Member with 255 posts.

05-Feb-2011, 01:24 AM #4
Oh, it could have been a number of things. Usually when this happens in my case, it's because I accidentally held Ctrl and scrolled up on my mouse or something. But holding Ctrl and hitting the + key also zooms in (and the - key zooms out). Sometimes it happens and I don't really know why. In any case, you're definitely not the first person to have this problem, haha. I've had to help a number of people with this exact same problem.

I'm glad it worked!
Computer Specs

05-Feb-2011, 01:31 AM #5
Ll, well thanks so much and after seeing you are an intermediate... I am definately reassessing my status! You're Einstein to us!
Computer Specs
Member with 255 posts.

05-Feb-2011, 01:38 AM #6
Haha, it's kind of relative... Some people would consider me to be advanced. I put the "Intermediate" on there because I'm also over at the Linux boards, and I'm definitely an intermediate there. I might be just a little bit above intermediate for Windows, but there are still people that are lightyears ahead of me in Windows, too.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
browser, display

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!