Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Blue screen starts in safe mode

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

12-Feb-2011, 12:38 PM #1
Blue screen starts in safe mode
The computer i am running has been through a lot of stuff, and this morning it finally gave out on me, It blue screened and now will only start in safe mode, when i run it normally it allowed me to type my password then it freezes while saying welcome. and does not go past there sometimes it will restart or blue screen from there.
safemode runs fine though.
Senior Member with 3,791 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Feb-2011, 04:24 PM #2

The winlogonui process might be messed up by some nasty invasive stuff. Try running MalwareBytes from http://www.malwarebytes.com in Safe Mode with Networking so you can download, install and update it first. It's quite safe to click on Remove Selected at the end of teh scan - it won't take out anything you need to keep.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

12-Feb-2011, 09:15 PM #3
i ran the scan and my computer came out completely clean.
any other suggestions?
Senior Member with 3,791 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Feb-2011, 01:24 AM #4

Restart and tap Function 8 and you should see the Advanced Boot menu which includes "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Select that and when it can't start in Normal Mode it will show the blue screen for long enough for you to note the Stop Error message. Please post back the numeric code 0x0000?? and ANY_WORDS_JOINED_UP by underscores.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!