Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Bad Image error

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Feb-2011, 01:06 PM #1
Exclamation Solved: Bad Image error
everytime i open a program an error message comes up saying
"C:\ProgramData\api-ms-win-core-memory-[1-1-032.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error."

if anyone can help me get rid of this error please help

Last edited by cpe2; 12-Feb-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Computer Specs

12-Feb-2011, 01:28 PM #2
i also tried running a hijack this system scan and got a message saying, For some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file if any hijacked domains are in this Hijack this may not be able to fix them. i click ok and it still runs the scan but i cannot save it?? i have no idea why this is happeneing
Computer Specs
Member with 2,631 posts.

12-Feb-2011, 02:05 PM #3
Step 1: Use Windows File Search Tool to Find c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe Path
1.Go to Start > Search > All Files or Folders.
2.In the "All or part of the the file name" section, type in "c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe " file name(s).
3.To get better results, select "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and then click "Search" button.
4.When Windows finishes your search, hover over the "In Folder" of "c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe ", highlight the file and copy/paste the path into the address bar. Save the file's path on your clipboard because you'll need the file path to delete c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe in the following manual removal steps.

Read more about How to Delete c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe with File Search Tool
Step 2: Use Windows Task Manager to Remove c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe Processes
1.To open the Windows Task Manager, use the combination of CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
2.Click on the "Image Name" button to search for "c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe " process by name.
3.Select the "c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe " process and click on the "End Process" button to kill it.

Read more about How to kill c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe Processes
Step 3: Detect and Delete Other c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe Files1.To open the Windows Command Prompt, go to Start > Run > cmd and then press the "OK" button.
2.Type in "dir /A name_of_the_folder" (for example, C:\Spyware-folder), which will display the folder's content even the hidden files.
3.To change directory, type in "cd name_of_the_folder".
4.Once you have the file you're looking for type in del "name_of_the_file".
5.To delete a file in folder, type in "del name_of_the_file".
6.To delete the entire folder, type in "rmdir /S name_of_the_folder".
7.Select the "c:\programdata\api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-032.exe " process and click on the "End Process" button to kill it.
Computer Specs

12-Feb-2011, 02:36 PM #4
thanks huggie helped me out a lot
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!